Measuring CHURN/ARPA via subscriptions/recurring revenue

Options
Jasper den Hartog
Jasper den Hartog Member Posts: 20
First Comment

Hi,

As SaaS company in a scaling up stage, we have almost 200 subscriptions added to PD. We were so thrilled this feature was added. Thanks for that.  At this stage we are experiencing more and more the limitations of this feature. 

In general we'd like to have much more insights on the history of a customer's subscriptions. Like how many he has, when did he grow from 1 to 2 and from 2 to 5. We'd also like to put him on a specific deal fase of ie 3 months free use and then he starts paying. Well all kinds of features fitting a SaaS business.

As for insights we are missing  2 main things:

CHURN:

• Amount of clients churned
  • Amount of licenses (subscriptions) churned
  • Amount of €/$ churned

ARPA:

• Overview per customer
  • Overview per group (type) of customers
  • Overview per sales rep
  • Overview of all customers

These metrics at least reported all per month over x time.

Comments

• Bernd Auer
    Bernd Auer Member Posts: 345
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Yes, there are still limitations... ;-)

One best practice for changes in the plan on organisation level as long as this feature doesn't give you more insights: You can create reports per user in the Insights Dashboard in order to see changes in the plan. I know, 200 reports for you... I am looking forward for improvements as well! 

• Jasper den Hartog
    Jasper den Hartog Member Posts: 20
    First Comment
    edited September 2020 #3
    Options

Yes, there are still limitations... ;-)

One best practice for changes in the plan on organisation level as long as this feature doesn't give you more insights: You can create reports per user in the Insights Dashboard in order to see changes in the plan. I know, 200 reports for you... I am looking forward for improvements as well! 

I know, 200 reports for you...

😂

• Paul Webster
    Paul Webster Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2020 #4
    Options

Some very good comments here. The subscription function is a game changer for SaaS businesses. The reporting is where serious value can be generated and I'd pay more for such reporting.

Number of subscriptions, average value, number of new (in a period), cancelled, growth, shrinkage etc. 

There is a certain level of that right now, but its clunky and takes some time to get roughly where you need and a lot of excel exports. 

Happy to work with the Product team on the needs of SaaS companies to get this done because the value as a business manager is high.

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited September 2020 #5
    Options

Hi @Jasper den Hartog , really appreciate your thorough and clear feedback and have made sure it reaches our teams for consideration in future developments.

In the meantime, I would suggest using the "Recurring revenue growth report" in Insights, which gives you some data about churn as well as new subscriptions, expansion, contraction and net growth. Might not be exactly as detailed as you'd like but I think it might help you some. Learn all about it in the last section of this tutorial.

Another option is to take a look at the Analytics integrations available in our marketplace, as they allow you to extract data from Pipedrive and create other types of reports. I did a quick search for you, take a look here.

In any case, like I said, I've forwarded your suggestions internally :)

Speaking of which, here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line: