Products now available in Insights! 📦 📊

InĂŞs Batata
InĂŞs Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
edited July 2022 in What's New #1

Products are now available in the Deal Performance report, for users in the Advanced plan or higher. They're finally here! 🎉

What can a user do?

• Filter Deal Performance reports by Products
  • View and Segment results by Products
  • Measure results by Product value and Number of products

🧑‍🏫 Use our Knowledge Base and Academy to learn all about:

🔮 And always stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

5f75e9feb01b694d21201232_53772.png
5f75ea082202b91f1d2d6f07_14562.png

Comments

• Jason Webb
    Jason Webb Member Posts: 6
    First Comment
    edited October 2020 #2

Fantastic thankyou :-)

• Brandon Ingram
    Brandon Ingram Member Posts: 24
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    edited October 2020 #3

This is great @InĂŞs Batata ! Thank you to the entire team for all your efforts and for continuing to push Pipedrive forward.

• Roland Schare
    Roland Schare Member Posts: 6
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #4

Hi @InĂŞs Batata , Thank you for this step! What we need and what I have not found, yet, is a report that gives me the basic / raw data in a spreadsheet, so I can export them and work in Excel:

Deal Name

Deal No. (if possible, so it can be identfied)

Deal status

Deal owner

.... (ther deal infos)

+ the products as they come out if you export a single deal into Excel. Example:

Products       
    NameVariationsPriceQuantityDiscount %SumCurrencyComments
     / IoT Hardware 1000303000EUR 
     / IoT Service 490301470EUR 
     / IoT recurring and license fees720302160EUR 

Best would be to have the weighted sum in there as well, so we can analyse our deals just by one export.

Is it already feasible? If not, are you planning to implement it?

Thanks
    Roland

• Paul Minors
    Paul Minors Member Posts: 88
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Likes
    edited October 2020 #5

This is great news! I really missed this when the new insights came out and we lost access to the old reports. Great addition.

• Georgia Harmon
    Georgia Harmon Member Posts: 16
    First Comment
    edited May 2021 #6

Hi @InĂŞs Batata , Thank you for this step! What we need and what I have not found, yet, is a report that gives me the basic / raw data in a spreadsheet, so I can export them and work in Excel:

Deal Name

Deal status

Deal owner

.... (ther deal infos)

+ the products as they come out if you export a single deal into Excel. Example:

Products       

Best would be to have the weighted sum in there as well, so we can analyse our deals just by one export.

Thanks
    Roland

I agree with this. I cannot see in the insights where you can see deal name, product details, variations, quantity and pricing, plus other custom fields we have created into a excel spreadsheet. 

Thank you

• InĂŞs Batata
    edited October 2020 #7

Deal Name

Deal status

Deal owner

.... (ther deal infos)

Products       

Thanks
    Roland

Hi @Roland Schare and @Georgia , thank you for your feedback and for illustrating your use case so clearly, which really helps us.

Exporting reports from Insights is in our plans, so as usual stay tuned ;) Improvements to Products are also in our pipeline but as it stands now might take a bit longer (coming months).

Thank you for letting us know, user input is very valuable for us to learn and make decisions.

• Roland Schare
    Roland Schare Member Posts: 6
    First Comment
    edited October 2020 #8

Deal Name

Deal status

Deal owner

.... (ther deal infos)

Products       

Thanks
    Roland

Hi @Inês Batata , thankls for the answer. 

You are talking two topics:
    1. Export reports
    2. Improvements to products

Where further improvements on products are nice to have, the export function is crucial to us. I know that you don't want to make promisses you might can't keep, still I need to know a rough time frame, since I need to look for a another solution if the implementation is not foreseeable.

Thank you

Roland

• InĂŞs Batata
    edited October 2020 #9

Deal Name

Deal status

Deal owner

.... (ther deal infos)

Products       

Thanks
    Roland

Hi @Roland Schare , thank you for clarifying  and we understand your frustration. 

A rough time frame would be the coming weeks/months, with exporting data from Insights coming first but not necessarily including Product data. Follow What's Planned to know what we're working on currently and what’s to come.

In the meantime, I would suggest you take a look at the Analytics integrations available in our marketplace, as they allow you to extract data from Pipedrive and create other types of reports. I did a quick search for you, take a look here.

Hope that helps!

• Georgia Harmon
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #10

Is there a plan to include more Product infomation in these reports? It is all very well if you only have 3 products (Banana, Orange etc.) However when the only options are to either report on 1 product, exclude 1 product, or tediously include many (your options of "is", "is not", "is any of"), this does not give important infomation such as variations, qty and price. 

Is there a plan to include this infomation? We have been trying to report on this information for over 12 months. The products section in the deals is fantastic and to be honest one of the reasns we selected Pipedrive as our CRM. With a company with over 900 products all with different variations, it is essential to be able to report on deals that are open and what products, variations, qty and price so that we can manage stock and future orders.

• Martin SandĂ©n
    Martin Sandén Member Posts: 25
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    edited April 2021 #11

Deal Name

Deal status

Deal owner

.... (ther deal infos)

Products       

Thanks
    Roland

@Inês Batata  For Insights improvements, please add "Measure results by Product Category" . Be able to import at least "Product DIRECT COST" when importing/updating products would be huge for us to ;-)

• Paul Minors
    Paul Minors Member Posts: 88
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Likes
    edited February 2022 #12

Is there a plan to include more Product infomation in these reports? It is all very well if you only have 3 products (Banana, Orange etc.) However when the only options are to either report on 1 product, exclude 1 product, or tediously include many (your options of "is", "is not", "is any of"), this does not give important infomation such as variations, qty and price. 

Is there a plan to include this infomation? We have been trying to report on this information for over 12 months. The products section in the deals is fantastic and to be honest one of the reasns we selected Pipedrive as our CRM. With a company with over 900 products all with different variations, it is essential to be able to report on deals that are open and what products, variations, qty and price so that we can manage stock and future orders.

Second this. I'd love to be able to break down and segment the report based on 'Product Variation' as well.

• InĂŞs Batata
    edited October 2020 #13

Hi @Georgia and @Paul Minors , we appreciate your input!

This is in our backlog of ideas but no near term plans, unfortunately. The hardest job is to prioritise all ideas and suggestions from all our customers. This one hasn't made the cut yet. 

Do stay tuned for improvements on Products and how they cross-reference with other features possibly in 2021, though. Here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• Georgia Harmon
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #14

Hi @InĂŞs Batata, I do understand that there are many different companies with any different needs and ideas. I was extremely excited to see that you could link products with deals and enter them through the deal. It was so much better than our previous CRM. 18 month later..

What we as a Company couldn't understand is:

• Why have such an amazing feature of products in deals if we cannot do a detailed report on the deals and products together?
    • How can you have Variations and not be able to report on it?
    • Why have prices in Variations if you cannot bulk edit when a price changes?
    • Products, qty, price, Variation all need to be reportable with deals. We need to see what is happening right now, to plan stock and orders. To forecast sales.
    • We need to report to our suppliers about what projects are coming up,  product type, qty and expected close date.
    • Currently the Product reporting only shows a name and a quantity. This is really only good for forecasting very basic products.
    • What if I have a product with 5 different variations? How do I report which ones are making the most sales? How do I report how much stock to order? How do I send my reports to our suppliers.
    • What if one deal has 10 different products, all with different quantities and prices. The variations help us seperate products that have different features at different pricepoints.

This can only be done when you combine functions that you have programed into deals in the Products area (name, variation, qty, price) with other custom fields, that will fit into what any company using Pipdrive has customised based on the need for their own company. 

We cannot be the only Company that are using the Products functionality who are hoping for more out of this feature. Please help us be able to move out of manual entering information just to be able to run a report or other work arounds.

Example:

We Need to order Stock from  our supplier based on projects that due in the near future. I have to run a filter in deal line view for each product seperatley than look at each deal to see if the expected close date and the stage means that we can order stock. If there are several different products in the deal, I still have to go into each deal to check what the correct qty is. This is very time consuming but happens once or twice a month. Reporting is different. This is done monthly by our sales team to Management, and also by Managment to our Suppliers. Every different department still needs all this information.

I am sorry for such a long message but hopefully this gives some insight into how some companies may need to utilise the information in Pipedrive.

Thanks, Georgia

• InĂŞs Batata
    edited October 2020 #15

Hi @Georgia , we appreciate you taking the time to write down this constructive and detailed feedback.

I agree that all of these are fair expectations of the type of use companies would typically try to get from these features and are sensible requests. Our team is also not blind to this unopened potential, but unfortunately for a myriad of reasons we haven't been able to advance them sooner.

I have sent your feedback directly to the Product Managers and am discussing it with them. Although I can't promise anything, I can leverage the discussion and be an advocate for our users. Thank you so much for your patience!

• Georgia Harmon
    First Comment
    edited October 2020 #16

Hi @Inês Batata, 

Thank you very much for your response. We do find Pipedrive the best solution for our Company and love the fact that you are constantly updating features. We will appreciate all efforts into advancing this area. 

Thank you.

• Martin SandĂ©n
    Martin Sandén Member Posts: 25
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #17

Hi @InĂŞs Batata Are you planning a possibility to measure results by "Product Category" in Insights?

• InĂŞs Batata
    edited November 2020 #18

Hi @InĂŞs Batata Are you planning a possibility to measure results by "Product Category" in Insights?

Hi @Martin Sandén !

I can tell you we plan to make several improvements to Products and how they cross-reference with other features (like Insights) but at the moment I don't have the information to tell if if that particular option is going to be created.

That being said, we appreciate your input and use it to give our teams thinking points to be considered in the future. Speaking of which, here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• Steffen_28716
    Steffen_28716 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #19

Hello @InĂŞs Batata,

sorry for coming in late this as I am new to Pipedrive :-) 

I just read Martin's comments above and we have the same demand of being able to report on product categories. for closed deals but also in the pipeline to get closed.

Is that something you would consider moving forward?

Thank you very much for all this open communication here!

With kind regards,

• Graziano Masia
    Graziano Masia Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited April 2021 #20

We are testing a temporary solution, waiting to be able to directly filter the data by product categories. 

We have added some dummy products to the product database, which are actually the categories we want to trace.

Then, we add the real products to the deals, and further the relatives "categories",  by the upper "Add product " link in the deal.

After, we remove the checkbox from the real products, so they are still there for reference but not added as quantity and values in the deal's value neither in the insights.

We fill out their value and total quantity in the "dummy categories" products, like this example: 

two products (grayed) and their two categories (checked)

see the result:

Of course, this is a solution that is absolutely not-elegant, and that makes any database programmer tear his clothes apart... 

• Ferrin Govender
    Ferrin Govender Member Posts: 14
    First Comment
    edited September 2021 #21

Any update on this?

• Yee Lee
    Yee Lee Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2021 #22

+1 for Roland's feedback.  I'd also like to request a tabular view of Deals x Products in Insights.  E.g., 

Product 1Product 2Product 3Product 4
    Deal 1Quantity (or Value)Quantity (or Value)Quantity (or Value)Quantity (or Value)
    Deal 2Quantity (or Value)Quantity (or Value)Quantity (or Value)Quantity (or Value)