Fix currency conversions when deals are won

Mikk Märtmaa
Mikk Märtmaa Member Posts: 25
First Comment

Hi, when different currencies are used, reports automatically convert deal value to the default currency of the Pipedrive account. This works well and is very useful. 

However, when a deal is won, it would make sense that the currency conversion would become fixed with the converted value from the date the deal was won. 

It is quite confusing to report different values for the same closed deals over time. 

2 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi @Mikk Märtmaa , thank you for your input!

At the moment the currency conversion continues to be updated after the deal is closed to reflect the fluctuations in exchange rates, but I can see how that can be problematic for reporting on closed deals. 

I've made sure to send your suggestion internally to our team so they can take it into consideration in future developments but unfortunately can't make any promises. The hardest job is to prioritise all ideas and suggestions from all our customers. This one hasn't made the cut yet unfortunately.  We do appreciate your feedback.

Stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• Mikk Märtmaa
    Mikk Märtmaa Member Posts: 25
    First Comment
    edited October 2020 #3

At the moment the currency conversion continues to be updated after the deal is closed to reflect the fluctuations in exchange rates, but I can see how that can be problematic for reporting on closed deals. 

I've made sure to send your suggestion internally to our team so they can take it into consideration in future developments but unfortunately can't make any promises. The hardest job is to prioritise all ideas and suggestions from all our customers. This one hasn't made the cut yet unfortunately.  We do appreciate your feedback.

Thanks for the feedback @Inês Batata

• Calum McCullough
    Calum McCullough Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2021 #4

Wondering if there is any update on this issue? It is problematic when previously won deal values are changing due to fluctuating exchange rates.

• Kristi Herold
    Kristi Herold Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2021 #5

Hi Ines
    I would love to find out if there is any update on this issue - it has been extremely problematic for our entire sales team / reporting. Is this issue under consideration for fixing as yet?
    thanks so much
    Kristi Herold

• Inês Frade
    Inês Frade Pipedrive Team Posts: 5 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic Pipedrive Team
    edited February 2022 #6

Hello Calum and Kristi,

This change is currently on our developers' to-do list, however, it still did not reach the top of the list, but I will make sure to reinforce the request.

Thank you so much for the feedback, and we appreciate the reinforcement!

• Calum McCullough
    Calum McCullough Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2021 #7

Hello Calum and Kristi,

This change is currently on our developers' to-do list, however, it still did not reach the top of the list, but I will make sure to reinforce the request.

Thank you so much for the feedback, and we appreciate the reinforcement!

Thank you, Ines. 

Really hoping we can see this feature added in the near future!