Need to be able to change the formatting of how your currency appears

Paraplanning
Paraplanning Member Posts: 1

Being an Australian company, we only deal in Australian dollars. This means that Pipedrive shows up all our currency values as "AUD100" instead of "$100", the latter of which would be more comfortable since that's how we show currency. I imagine this is similar for other companies that use what America would consider "foreign" currency.

1 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited October 2020 #2

Thank you for your input @Paraplanning , we definitely appreciate it!

We had to make a visual choice for currencies that use the same symbol and I'm said to say that USD won the race to use "$". I see how this can be an inconvenience for users in other countries/currencies.

As far as I'm aware, currently there are no direct plans to change this but the team noted down your suggestion for when they'll work on updates again. Thank you for your understanding!

Speaking of future developments, here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• Mark Amador
    Mark Amador Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2021 #3

Hi Ines, I also find the formatting of currencies in Canada hard to read as "CAD45,327". The better option would be "45,327 CAD", which is visually much easier to read when looking at a list of figures. Certainly this can be implemented with all currency types and would greatly improve the readability of the numbers.

• Mirage
    Mirage Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment

@Inês Batata Now the opposite is a problem. We are a UK company doing business internationally and we cannot differentiate between USD and AUD in reports, because they both use the "$" symbol. All other "dollar" currencies are i.e. CAD. Happy to send screenshots directly to you. I think USD should retain the $ by default, but there should be a setting where folks can change that.

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,067 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment

Hi @Mirage , thank you for your feedback and use case, which is all the more valuable since this experience may vary depending on where you are or what your currency is. It will be passed on to our developers.