New: Note Scanner for Android mobile app live this week! ✍️ 📲

Options
Maret Kruve
Maret Kruve Pipedrive Team Posts: 7 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
Pipedrive Team
edited July 2022 in What's New #1
Pipedrive Note Scanner for Android

What?

For those who like to take notes with pen and paper, Note Scanner allows you to transcribe your handwritten notes or print documents into Pipedrive!

How?

1. Click the Notes Scanner button in any Note view in the mobile app.
  2. Take a picture of your writing/printed text.
  3. Notes Scanner will detect the text and insert it into the note. Like magic!

Depending on your handwriting and your phone's camera, it may be more or less accurate for different people. 

❓I'm very curious to know how it works for you, so let me know by leaving a comment in this post

For whom?

All users with Android mobile app (version 15.28.0.), rolling out to Google Play this week. Tutorial here.

🧑‍🏫 Learn all you can do with the Pipedrive Mobile App from our Academy videos and Knowledge Base tutorials.

🌟 Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new releases.

🔮 Follow What's Planned to know what we're working on currently and what’s to come.

🧪 Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.

35278_NoteScanner1_(1).gif

Comments

• Torbjörn Johansson
    Torbjörn Johansson Member Posts: 118
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Is this functionality available in the iOS?

• Benji Watters_2268
    Benji Watters_2268 Member Posts: 11
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

Now this is pretty cool! I don't have the best handwriting but it still picked up a vast majority of my notes!

It would be super cool if you could use this feature to convert paper forms to digital forms! Imagine if you had two versions of a form; one digital and one paper. What if you could take a picture of the paper copy of a form and have it populate the digital version of the form which in turn would populate linked fields. Just a thought :)

• Maret Kruve
    Pipedrive Team
    edited August 2021 #4
    Options

Hi Torbjörn! Currently we're testing the solution with Android users first and if it works well for them, then we'll make it for iOS too next year :) 

• Maret Kruve
    Pipedrive Team
    edited November 2020 #5
    Options

Now this is pretty cool! I don't have the best handwriting but it still picked up a vast majority of my notes!

It would be super cool if you could use this feature to convert paper forms to digital forms! Imagine if you had two versions of a form; one digital and one paper. What if you could take a picture of the paper copy of a form and have it populate the digital version of the form which in turn would populate linked fields. Just a thought :)

That's a really cool idea! Do you have a lot of paper forms you need to re-type to Pipedrive constantly? 

• Benji Watters_2268
    First Comment
    edited November 2020 #6
    Options

For years we did have a whole lot of paper forms. We are a solar and energy efficiency company and all of our sales reps would have different paper forms for the different site assessments. In the last few months we have moved over to digital forms and are connecting them through Pipedrive's api. We aren't really using paper forms any more, but we still have several file cabinets full of paper forms that we are just now starting to manually enter the data in Pipedrive. It started to take a lot of time though so we decided not to dedicate too much time to it.

• Alex Stueber
    Alex Stueber Member Posts: 89
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited December 2020 #7
    Options

Also real estate people...

When sending paperwork to clients to fill out the information about a contract for example. After PD user could just "scan" the final doc and Voilà... All ready to be used inside PD!
    Great suggestion @Benji Watters 

• Alex Stueber
    edited February 2022 #8
    Options

Hey @Sylvain & @Baptiste 
    Cela pourrait être une fonctionnalité intéressante pour certains de nos clients>

Happy Pipedays!

• Benji Watters_2268
    First Comment
    edited December 2020 #9
    Options

Yes, that sounds like great potential use! 

What if some way it could be connected to the new Documents feature?

• BaptisteBLC
    BaptisteBLC Member Posts: 247
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2020 #10
    Options

Hey @Sylvain & @Baptiste 
    Cela pourrait être une fonctionnalité intéressante pour certains de nos clients>

Happy Pipedays!

Carrément ! Pour le moment c'est uniquement sur la beta android si je ne dis pas de bêtises.
    Je l'ai sur mon tél.
    Merci pour le partage @Alex Stueber 

• Alex Stueber
    edited December 2020 #11
    Options

Hey @Sylvain & @Baptiste 

Happy Pipedays!

J'ai hâte de le voir pour iOS, et je pense que @Sylvain  aussi 💡

• BaptisteBLC
    BaptisteBLC Member Posts: 247
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2020 #12
    Options

Hey @Sylvain & @Baptiste 

Happy Pipedays!

@Sylvain il est en train de craquer et passer sur Android.
    Ça se compte en jours ahaha

• Sylvain
    Sylvain Member Posts: 43
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2020 #13
    Options

Hey @Sylvain & @Baptiste 

Happy Pipedays!

Trop tard !!! iPhone 12 mini en poche 😂

• Jeremy Gulley_11062
    Jeremy Gulley_11062 Member Posts: 80
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary Solution Provider
    edited March 2021 #14
    Options

Hey @Maret Kruve,

Love where the mobile app is going and really excited about the progress. Do you have any availability in the next few weeks to discuss some thoughts I’ve noticed on the app? Let me know or email me at jeremy.gulley@strategtech.com .  I’d love to spend a few minutes getting your thoughts. 
    Jeremy

• mmichel@thinkempirical.com
    mmichel@thinkempirical.com Member Posts: 5
    First Comment
    edited December 2020 #15
    Options

@Maret Kruve any update on when the Note Scanner will be available for iOS?

• Philipp Riederle
    Philipp Riederle Member Posts: 21
    5 Likes First Comment
    edited January 2021 #16
    Options

+1 for iOS