Product reporting

Hugo_5566
Hugo_5566 Member Posts: 8
First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment

Hi all, I was wondering if there are any possibilities to have a more detailed product reporting. I have a lot of deals which contains several products / variations and would love to have the opportunity to breakdown the total deal values into orderlines (quantities, value, number of products). If not available in insights, a raw excel output would work as well. Kind regards!

3 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited June 2022 #2

Hi @Hugo !

Currently in Insights you can only segment by number of products and product value - see here.

I can tell you that we have plans to implement a lot of improvements in Products in 2021, as we know how important that is for our users - and we also see room for improvement ourselves. We'll be sure to announce those here in the Community when the time comes. 

In the meantime, I suggest you take a look at the Analytics integrations available in our marketplace, as they allow you to extract data from Pipedrive and create other types of reports. If you're comfortable using API, that might also be an option.

That being said, I've made sure our team sees your suggestions so they can take them into consideration in future developments. Here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• Eli Glanz
    Eli Glanz Member Posts: 49
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2022 #3

Hi @Hugo !

Currently in Insights you can only segment by number of products and product value - see here.

I can tell you that we have plans to implement a lot of improvements in Products in 2021, as we know how important that is for our users - and we also see room for improvement ourselves. We'll be sure to announce those here in the Community when the time comes. 

In the meantime, I suggest you take a look at the Analytics integrations available in our marketplace, as they allow you to extract data from Pipedrive and create other types of reports. If you're comfortable using API, that might also be an option.

That being said, I've made sure our team sees your suggestions so they can take them into consideration in future developments. Here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

Hi @Inês Batata 

Any update regarding Product Variations when it comes reporting and the API?

• Ian Downie
    Ian Downie Member Posts: 2
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited May 2022 #4

This is 100% basic functionality that should appear in ANY CRM!

As sales managers/business owners, we all need to know how much of Product A have I sold this month/quarter.

It should be possible to see the $ value of Prodcut A on every deal closed in a period - i.e. if you have deals which contain multiple products, how much (quantity and $) of Product A was sold in that period/by that salesperson/to that account.

• Pedro Manuel Gonçalves Franco
    Pedro Manuel Gonçalves Franco Pipedrive Team Posts: 65 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment

Hi @Ian Downie ,

Unfortunately, Products are not available in Insights for building reports, dashboard or goals. Thanks for the feedback, I will pass it to the product team.

In 2023 we are focusing in improving significantly the Products feature.

Feel free to suggest other improvements you would like in the Products Catalog for us to take in consideration during research phase. Many thanks.

• Anwar
    Anwar Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Please - any updates here? we're halfway through 2023 and product reporting is almost non existent.

Very basic features I would like to see here:

* Ability to report on deals broken down by products (and product quantities / product row price) attached

* Product demand reports (top sellers by period)

* Ability to use ALL product custom fields as macros in spreadsheets / docs (currently it's not possible to create product pricing lists with multiple currencies for example)

* Add "inventory" as a basic concept where products can be grouped into batches with their own custom fields (expiry date etc).

Stuff like this would mean you could properly support a very big addressable market in companies that manage physical products (think almost every Shopify store that does B2B sales for example).

Please - if possible - post an ETA on when we can expect proper support for products. At this moment I'm unsure why products are even part of your product since they are implemented in such a superficial way with very low utility.

• Kätlin Sandvik
    Kätlin Sandvik Pipedrive Team Posts: 15 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper

Thank you for the feedback, @Anwar! The focus so far has been on improving the pricing and tax configuration, which is due to be released next month. We will be exploring the topic of importing/exporting products later this year.

• Marina
    Marina Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary

Hi Katlin, does the price improvement includes the ability to build reports based on product variations?

• Robin_Geiger
    Robin_Geiger Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment

Hi Kätlin,

instead of giving us all a wait until we can analyse products at reports and dashboards you can give us a helpful workaroud:

• I can already see all my deals related to my products in the product itself. If you just enable "product variations" as a column it's already possible to analyse our deals..

There's nothing else necessary - right?

Best Robin

• Kätlin Sandvik
    Kätlin Sandvik Pipedrive Team Posts: 15 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper

Thanks, @Robin_Geiger! We also understand that improving Products export capability would be a faster workaround for Products reporting. It is something that we are currently exploring for our next release. When we have an update on the timing, we will reach out to you.  

@Marina , unfortunately, the reporting for product variations was not part of the latest release, as we focused on tax-exclusive pricing and flexible discounts. The Product reporting issues are our longer-term roadmap but we are unlikely to make any improvements this year. 

• tnanavat
    tnanavat Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited July 2023 #11

found the answer to my issue

• Juanes
    Juanes Member Posts: 10
    Photogenic First Comment

Hello, any update on products? Insight goals? I see the first post was in 2020 and Pipedrive mentioned that this would be developed in 2021. It is almost the end of 2023, and I see no changes.

Thank you!