Automatically unfollow deal when owner is switched

Joel Gruber
Joel Gruber Member Posts: 3 VERIFIED MEMBER
edited July 2022 in Apps and Integrations #1

Deals in our pipeline will sometimes switch owners at a certain stage. But, the previous owner continues to follow that deal unless they manually unfollow it. 

I need a way to have a user unfollow a deal when the owner changes because the pipeline can become filled with deals that are no longer relevant and it can be difficult to manually filter through all of them to identify which are in need of unfollowing. 

The only solution I have is a daily routine of checking all the deals to see if ownership has changed and manually unfollowing each one.

Does anyone know of an automated solution?

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,034 VERIFIED MEMBER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited April 2021 #2

Hi @Joel Gruber !

Currently you'll need to use a 3rd party tool to achieve this. I suggest you take a look at the integration platforms available in our marketplace, as they allow you to transfer and manipulate data outside the scope of our own native features. 

PS - We'd like to ask you to please not use the "What's New?" or "What's Planned?" topics in your posts: they are read-only topics used by Pipedrive to communicate updates to our community members. I have removed them from your post and replaced them with more pertinent topics. Thank you!

They are, however, the place to be to stay on top of what’s coming down the line: 😉

• Joel Gruber
    Joel Gruber Member Posts: 3 VERIFIED MEMBER
    edited February 2022 #3

Thank you for the response! I am using zapier to help with a lot of my automation, but I haven't found any options that allow tasks in relation to following for a deal or lead. 

Do you know if any integration platforms allow manipulation in regard to following?

• Martin Boonzaayer
    Martin Boonzaayer Member Posts: 49 VERIFIED MEMBER
    10 Comments 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2021 #4

Thank you for the response! I am using zapier to help with a lot of my automation, but I haven't found any options that allow tasks in relation to following for a deal or lead. 

Do you know if any integration platforms allow manipulation in regard to following?

@Joel Gruber you should check out Integromat. 1000x more powerful (and cheaper and easier to use) than Zapier. And yes, they have a module to remove a follower from a deal. 

• Jan Pichler
    Jan Pichler Member Posts: 1 VERIFIED MEMBER
    edited April 2021 #5

Absolutely agreed!

• Véronique BRUN
    Véronique BRUN Member Posts: 8 VERIFIED MEMBER
    Second Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2021 #6

I'm also interested in "automatically unfollow deal when owner is switched". When we export data in which field can I find the followers of a given deal ?

• Jorge Rybar
    Jorge Rybar Member Posts: 9 VERIFIED MEMBER
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

This should be a personally configurable setting. It is basic functionality. Ie. A checkbox for ' "Automatically unfollow deals that you no longer own?"

At the bare minimum, Pipedrive should allow following and unfollowing to be configured through its built-in automations.

This discussion has been closed.