List Making - Best Practices

Jeremy Gulley_11062
Jeremy Gulley_11062 Member Posts: 80
First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary Solution Provider
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Maybe I'm overthinking this one but, this is why I love the community. I wanted to get everyones thoughts on some list making. One of my organizations sells into many different verticals (Public Safety, Sports, Airports etc). So we've created a custom drop down for this which works great but, we're looking to get a little more granular. We're already dedicating the "label" drop down to other use and I'm wondering the best way to pull just NFL from the Sports vertical. I know I can add NFL to the org title or create another custom field for this or even change the vertical to be more specific but, I'm wondering more about using the "related / parent / daughter" function on orgs. If I created NFL as the top level organization and put all teams as either related or daughter, is there a way to filter a list for this? Something like Vertical is Sports & Org is daughter or related to NFL? Is there a better way I'm not thinking of?

5fff631bc50f7df38aa1614b_83621.png

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #2

So great to see you leverage the power of our community @Jeremy Gulley , that's exactly what it's for!

I'm curious to know what @Brad Krause or @Amit Sarda would recommend.

Currently it's not possible to have "related organizations" as filter conditions. At the moment there are no direct plans for it but the team noted down your suggestion for when they'll work on updates again. Here’s how to get notified about what’s coming down the line:

• 🔮 Follow What's Planned to know what we're currently working on and what’s to come.
    • 🌟 Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new release announcements.
    • 🧪 Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.
  • Jeremy Gulley_11062
    edited February 2021 #3

So great to see you leverage the power of our community @Jeremy Gulley , that's exactly what it's for!

I'm curious to know what @Brad Krause or @Amit Sarda would recommend.

Currently it's not possible to have "related organizations" as filter conditions. At the moment there are no direct plans for it but the team noted down your suggestion for when they'll work on updates again. Here’s how to get notified about what’s coming down the line:

• 🔮 Follow What's Planned to know what we're currently working on and what’s to come.
    • 🌟 Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new release announcements.
    • 🧪 Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.

Thanks @Inês Batata! You're awesome, as always! And Tribe just keeps getting better and better. I'm loving the platform and can't wait to see it keep growing. 

Thank you! 

• Brad Krause_13404
    Brad Krause_13404 Member Posts: 373
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2021 #4

Thanks for thinking of me @Inês Batata The first thing that comes to mind is create a field in the organisation details called 'Associations' and use this to group your organisations by trade associations they belong to. In our case many of our prospects are involved in multiple associations that we subscribe/belong to so I made it a multiple input field. The NFL is an association actually so that makes sense.  Then I have filters for the associations.

• Brad Krause_13404
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2021 #5

Partial view of filtered organizations by an association. 

• Brad Krause_13404
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2021 #6

But I don't see anything bad really about using the Parent daughter set-up either. We haven't been using that though. Let me know why that works or why it doesn't in your case because I'm always looking to get other perspectives @Jeremy Gulley 

• Jeremy Gulley_11062
    edited February 2022 #7

Hey @Brad Krause, Thanks for the reply. After trying this several ways, I think yours is best. Using a "tag" type system to filter by seems to work great. We started out using the daughter, parent association thinking it'd be a solution but, after getting everything organized we found out that you're unable to filter or report in this manor so it's a non starter. I'm always on the hunt to use less fields and provide more data without making the team update too much. I find that the more I request, the less accurate it is :). Tough to please everyone. 

But, like you, I'm always looking for best practices, tips and tricks so keep in touch on anything you might wanna bounce around. I find the more I have open discussions with other users, the better I get my orgs set up. 

• Brad Krause_13404
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2021 #8

Hey @Brad Krause, Thanks for the reply. After trying this several ways, I think yours is best. Using a "tag" type system to filter by seems to work great. We started out using the daughter, parent association thinking it'd be a solution but, after getting everything organized we found out that you're unable to filter or report in this manor so it's a non starter. I'm always on the hunt to use less fields and provide more data without making the team update too much. I find that the more I request, the less accurate it is :). Tough to please everyone. 

But, like you, I'm always looking for best practices, tips and tricks so keep in touch on anything you might wanna bounce around. I find the more I have open discussions with other users, the better I get my orgs set up. 

For sure, I'm always challenging to do more with less too within pipedrive. The simpler the better.!

• Jeremy Gulley_11062
    edited January 2021 #9

For sure! I'm getting pretty good with using outside connectors to make things happen through Zapier and I'm just now starting down the path with Integromate ... I pretty much feel like I'm in over my head at this point but, it seems pretty valuable to learn. I'd rather have a system pull external data, format everything properly, and fill in what's missed when I can.