Feature request: ability to group Leads

Maurice Williams
Maurice Williams Member Posts: 10
Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary

Hello Pipedrive team!

I am new to Pipedrive and currently setting everything up (importing data, setting up email templates, etc.). I understand that the "Leads" section is brand new is still in beta, and I'm really looking forward to that feature growing.

One suggestion I have for "Leads" is to have the ability to create custom groups or categories for them. My use-case for this is two-fold:

1. Track offline lead sources: there are times when we obtain a lead/contact info from someone at a conference or meetup event. Knowing where we got the lead from can be very useful when following up later (since we can use that in our intro email, so they know we are not some random person emailing them).
  2. Offline lead management: in my company, we do a fair amount of cold-calling, and this activity is outsourced. Today we do not have a way to indicate who is calling that lead because they do not have a Pipedrive account. Creating manual categories would allow us to better track what 3rd party is calling what lead.

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Brad Krause_13404
    Brad Krause_13404 Member Posts: 373
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2022 #2

We use a custom deal details field called 'deal source' not sure if that works for you. 

• Brad Krause_13404
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2022 #3

Custom data fields can be created to identify who made the cold call. You mentioned that the 3rd party does NOT use pipedrive. If they are getting you the results of their cold call on a spreadsheet and you are importing them you can make one of the columns populated with the cold callers name and then when you import the data just match that field toi the custom details field you created in pipedrive and it will populate with the value. 

• Maurice Williams
    edited January 2021 #4

Custom data fields can be created to identify who made the cold call. You mentioned that the 3rd party does NOT use pipedrive. If they are getting you the results of their cold call on a spreadsheet and you are importing them you can make one of the columns populated with the cold callers name and then when you import the data just match that field toi the custom details field you created in pipedrive and it will populate with the value. 

Thanks for the tip! I knew I could add custom fields to Deals but didn't know I could also do it for Leads. 

But it looks like we do not have the ability to apply custom filters to the Leads screen. 

• Brad Krause_13404
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2021 #5

That's correct, still in development from what I understand, filters, columns, etc. 

• Maurice Williams
    edited January 2021 #6

Once we are able to apply custom filters on Leads, that + a custom field would 100% satisfy my need for grouping. 

Thanks for pointing out that we can add custom fields to Leads.

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,075 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited January 2021 #7

Hi @Maurice Williams , welcome to Pipedrive and the Community! :)

Like @Brad Krause suggested, you can use Lead labels and/or create custom fields for Leads.

As we continue to develop the Leads feature more possibilities will come: custom source fields, creating your own filters, more sophisticated list view, connection to email... Stay tuned ;)

Here’s how to get notified about what’s coming down the line:

• ChrisJamesPI
    ChrisJamesPI Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I agree with OP. What I am trying to do is to group leads into....well, groups. For Example, once a lead replies to an email, I would like to pull that lead out of the general leads group, and add it to a seperate "open communication" group.