Question: How to track leads that are converted to deals

Ted Youn
Ted Youn Member Posts: 116
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
edited July 2023 in Sales CRM #1

I have many deals that are converted from leads. Then how can I see only these deals in pipeline view?

I'd like to measure the efficiency of leads, and I'd like to know the ratio of leads converted to deals.

Comments

• Brad Krause_13404
    Brad Krause_13404 Member Posts: 373
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2021 #2

Not sure if it works for you but we have a custom deal details field called 'deal source' which we use for tracking where the lead comes from. It allows us to select a single value 

• Suzanne Van de Ven
    Suzanne Van de Ven Member Posts: 29
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2022 #3

We plan to do the same thing. I'm setting it up now so that any lead needs a deal source (ie chatbot, webform, tradeshow - Business Development Rep, cold call - business development rep). I haven't dug into the reporting yet, but we're in the early stage of building out more lead generating opportunities that give credit to other teams. 

• Brad Krause_13404
    Brad Krause_13404 Member Posts: 373
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2021 #4

We plan to do the same thing. I'm setting it up now so that any lead needs a deal source (ie chatbot, webform, tradeshow - Business Development Rep, cold call - business development rep). I haven't dug into the reporting yet, but we're in the early stage of building out more lead generating opportunities that give credit to other teams. 

One thing to keep in mind for reporting is that to use custom fields to generate reports based on those fields you need to be on at least the professional level plan. Otherwise you can only use default fields to generate reports. 

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited January 2021 #5

Hi everyone, great exchange of ideas going on here, love to see it! @Ted Youn @Brad Krause @Suzanne Van de Ven 

Leads Insights will be coming in the future so keep your eyes peeled. As usual, here’s how to get notified about what’s coming down the line: