Creating a report of deals that lack certain information

Options
Matt_26464
Matt_26464 Member Posts: 5
5 Up Votes First Comment
edited July 2023 in Sales CRM #1

Hey,

I tried my best but failed so far. I'd like to create a report (a list view) of all the deals that lack certain information like Lead Source (custom single option select field).

My need is to:
- Be able to create a list of deals that are missing f.e. Lead Source information so I can give it to my Sales Reps so they know which deals they should update

Any ideas?

Comments

• Bert Calatz
    Bert Calatz Member Posts: 60
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

@Matt  As far as I know this is not possible in list view.

A possible workaround.

Make som fields mandatory (company settings - data fields). I suggest from a particular stage of the pipeline. Only when you want to reach the next stage these fields are mandatory. Otherwise you cant move on.

The next step is then to create a report in insights so you monitor the progress.

• Matt_26464
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2021 #3
    Options

A possible workaround.

Make som fields mandatory (company settings - data fields). I suggest from a particular stage of the pipeline. Only when you want to reach the next stage these fields are mandatory. Otherwise you cant move on.

The next step is then to create a report in insights so you monitor the progress.

Thanks Bert,

This is actually what I did, but I'd like to create a list of the past deals to update them, from the period of time when this field wasn't mandatory.

• Bert Calatz
    Bert Calatz Member Posts: 60
    First Comment
    edited February 2021 #4
    Options

A possible workaround.

In that case, an alternative is to create an overview in list view with only the currently required fields. Export this to excel or sheets. Filter on the empty fields and you have your overview.

• Brad Krause_13404
    Brad Krause_13404 Member Posts: 373
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2022 #5
    Options

@Matt You can create a filter and then the sales rep can go to deals list view and apply the filter to see the list of all the deals that are missing that info and update it. Tip, add the 'Lead Source' as a column in that list view and it can be updated tight in that view very quickly. 

You could also add a condition 'Deal Owner is Current User'. When I create a filter that is specific to pulling data for the current user I name them 'My' : ABC : XYZ

Click the gear in the upper right corner to add the custom lead source field. 

• Matt_26464
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2021 #6
    Options

@Matt You can create a filter and then the sales rep can go to deals list view and apply the filter to see the list of all the deals that are missing that info and update it. Tip, add the 'Lead Source' as a column in that list view and it can be updated tight in that view very quickly. 

You could also add a condition 'Deal Owner is Current User'. When I create a filter that is specific to pulling data for the current user I name them 'My' : ABC : XYZ

Click the gear in the upper right corner to add the custom lead source field. 

Thank you Brad, this solved my problem!

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2021 #7
    Options

Hi @Matt  and everyone, great to see you helping each other with tips and workarounds. 👏

Quickly dropping by to let you know that we're working on more improvements for Leads, to make them work more like the rest of Pipedrive you're used to. 

Here’s how to get notified about what’s coming down the line:

• Follow What's Planned to know what we're currently working on and what’s to come.
    • Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new release announcements.
    • Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.