Unsubscribe link for emails out of Pipedrive

Sander Tan
Sander Tan Member Posts: 4

For GDPR reasons, I am looking for a functionality that automatically adds an unsubscribe link to any email we send for inbound & outbound sales. Is this available within Pipedrive? If yes, how can I set this up? If not, could this be a feature that will be build in the future?

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Sander Tan
    edited February 2021 #2

Answer via private chat:

Coming back to you about the unsubscribe option.
    I'm sorry to say that unfortunately, it is not possible within Pipedrive, however, I have shared ou conversation as a feedback to product managers to look into.
    We forward all customer feedback directly to our product team through an internal channel, so I can ensure you that your feedback is valued.

I can see that you have already added your question to Pipedrive Community as well- thank you for this, Pipedrive is in constant development, and most of the features that are now available came from the feedback that our customers have shared.

However, the unsubscribe option is available within Mailigen- it is automatically added to all Campaigns and can be easily edited within.
    I suggest checking out their solutions as they'd probably be helpful for you, I have also used Mailigen for testing purposes and I believe it's a wonderful tool for Email campaigning.

Please find more information from these links:
    https://www.mailigen.com/features?_ga=2.68572945.1418036665.1614071205-611484131.1607952656

https://support.mailigen.com/?_ga=2.68572945.1418036665.1614071205-611484131.1607952656

• Taco Potze
    Taco Potze Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2021 #3

I think the whole idea of GDPR is less sharing of personal data. To comply by sharing data with yet another company is not what privacy by design is about..

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #4

Hi @Sander Tan and @Taco Potze !

Currently a workaround would be to include the unsubscribe link in all your email templates and/or email signature from Pipedrive.

Like my colleague from Support mentioned to Taco earlier, we appreciate your feedback and have made sure it reaches our team for consideration in future developments. I have personally reinforced it through our internal channels.

At the moment we have no news about a dedicated feature for this in Pipedrive, as priorities and resource allocations for development have to be distributed and unfortunately not everything can be built or at least built in the near future. That being said, we appreciate your input and use it to give our teams thinking points to be considered in the future.

This is where we make all product update announcements, make sure to follow them:

• Follow What's Planned to know what we're currently working on and what’s to come.
    • Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new release announcements.
    • Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.

I also invite you read our GDPR procedures here: Pipedrive and GDPR.

If you are looking for a more complete email automation solution, ou sister Mailigen is a powerful email marketing and automation solution that allows you to create email sequences, drip campaigns, email marketing, SMS campaigns, among others. 

With a native integration that syncs your contacts from Pipedrive, this is a powerful set of tools that bring Sales and Marketing teams together. 

Sign up for a free trial here and learn more about it in the Support Knowledge Base.

https://pipedrive.hubs.vidyard.com/watch/SLgFmNi4R3GVEXiSQE4KMx
  • Brad Krause_13404
    Brad Krause_13404 Member Posts: 373
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited May 2022 #5

Yeah, unsubscribe is more of an email marketing program thing  Like Mailigen, constant contact, or Mailchimp. 

• Taco Potze
    Taco Potze Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2022 #6

Yeah, unsubscribe is more of an email marketing program thing  Like Mailigen, constant contact, or Mailchimp. 

As EU company we need to apply GDPR regulation. For that it does not matter if your outreach is part of marketing or sales or whatever, the client always needs to have an option to cancel the usage of their personal data. If PD does not offer that feature we are breaking the law. Handing over this personal data to yet another tool like Mailigen is just creating more risk and goes against any privacy by design principle. The US will soon follow with the privacy laws..

• Noel_27868
    Noel_27868 Member Posts: 15
    First Comment
    edited March 2021 #7

Hey @Sander Tan,

You are absolutely spot on when you say it doesn't matter whether the outreach is part of inbound outbound sales, the client always needs to have an option to UNSUBSCRIBE.

With Klenty you get this option by default. Also it makes sure the mails doesn't go to spam. 

Please let me know if you are interested to take a trial.

• Mark McDavid
    Mark McDavid Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #8

We did this on our Pipedrive emails by creating a Form in Google Forms for Unsubscribes, and then we include on the bottom of our Pipedrive emails under our signature the word "Unsubscribe" and link it to that Google Unsubscribe Form. Then we manually have to enter the Form results in Pipedrive, but it so rarely happens that someone unsubscribes from our Pipedrive emails since they are more personal, so for us that hasn't been a problem to take that extra step and not have it automated. We feel strongly about giving the people we email the option to opt-out even when it is an email going out to under 100 people through Pipedrive instead of an email marketing program.

• Sander Tan
    edited March 2021 #9

We did this on our Pipedrive emails by creating a Form in Google Forms for Unsubscribes, and then we include on the bottom of our Pipedrive emails under our signature the word "Unsubscribe" and link it to that Google Unsubscribe Form. Then we manually have to enter the Form results in Pipedrive, but it so rarely happens that someone unsubscribes from our Pipedrive emails since they are more personal, so for us that hasn't been a problem to take that extra step and not have it automated. We feel strongly about giving the people we email the option to opt-out even when it is an email going out to under 100 people through Pipedrive instead of an email marketing program.

This sounds as a good solution for the time being, Mark. Thanks! We just aim to be compliant with GDPR as possible, even when people tend to not use the link. 

• Julia Wester_34171
    Julia Wester_34171 Member Posts: 9
    First Comment
    edited May 2022 #10

I agree partially. Every person needs to be able to make a request per GDPR to remove use of their data in certain cases (sometimes you can retain it for business reasons). Making a GDPR request doesn't necessarily mean it has to be done through an unsubscribe link in all emails. If you send a one-off email, you don't have to have an unsubscribe. Most privacy policies have instructions for how to request removal of data.

• Tim O'Neill
    Tim O'Neill Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2021 #11

I would also like this feature. We do some 'drip' (follow-up) emails as a Deal ages, and currently have a link to a Jotform form which we then have to handle manually. Would be great if Pipedrive made this a feature.

• Samo Jurdik
    Samo Jurdik Member Posts: 24
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2022 #12

Currently a workaround would be to include the unsubscribe link in all your email templates and/or email signature from Pipedrive.

Like my colleague from Support mentioned to Taco earlier, we appreciate your feedback and have made sure it reaches our team for consideration in future developments. I have personally reinforced it through our internal channels.

At the moment we have no news about a dedicated feature for this in Pipedrive, as priorities and resource allocations for development have to be distributed and unfortunately not everything can be built or at least built in the near future. That being said, we appreciate your input and use it to give our teams thinking points to be considered in the future.

This is where we make all product update announcements, make sure to follow them:

• Follow What's Planned to know what we're currently working on and what’s to come.
    • Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.

If you are looking for a more complete email automation solution, ou sister Mailigen is a powerful email marketing and automation solution that allows you to create email sequences, drip campaigns, email marketing, SMS campaigns, among others. 

With a native integration that syncs your contacts from Pipedrive, this is a powerful set of tools that bring Sales and Marketing teams together. 

Sign up for a free trial here and learn more about it in the Support Knowledge Base.

Mailigen seems to have been shut down

• Janis Rozenblats
    Janis Rozenblats Posts: 169 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited January 2022 #13

@Samo Jurdik as we are soon releasing Campaigns by Pipedrive, a natively built-in email marketing functionality, then we are no longer accepting new registrations to Mailigen.
    You can sign up for the Campaigns waitlist here. 

As Campaigns is sharing the same data that you already have in Pipedrive, there is no need for syncing and the platform will be much easier to use going forward.