Insights : Product Sales Reporting by Custom Field

BlackrazorNZ
BlackrazorNZ Member Posts: 13
5 Likes Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment

Hi,

Currently, there is no elegant way to report on the sales value of a 'type' of product being sold, via Insights.

It's possible to build a report filtered by specific list of products, and it's possible to show the value of those products in a pie graph, but you can only select the Product field - you cannot select custom fields attached to the Product, such as 'Product Category' or 'Business Category' or the like.

It would be very handle to be able to do so, as it would allow us to show an insight on product sales mix by one of perhaps 5 or 6 categories, without having to manually filter and show each of the hundreds of individual products available.

Additionally, I note that when you report as a pie chart, the values reported for each segment correctly match the sales for that product. 

However, if you select Scorecard report type, the value shown is the total value of the deals those products are attached to, inclusive of products that do not match the filtered list. So for example, the below scorecard is around $1000 higher than the pie chart above, because other products that don't match the filter list but are attached to the same deals as products that do, are included.

Thanks.

60763a37cefefe2cf24e0321_22464.png
60763ac4895e7234daf97e01_8959.png
6076395f3f1e8e673296944c_37637.png
607639e8ab49e15e1754bed2_54135.png
1 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Tatiana Bazzi
    Tatiana Bazzi Member Posts: 7
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited April 2021 #2

Yes! We desperately need this too!

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,048 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited May 2022 #3

Hi Daniel, I see what you mean and also agree it would make a great addition to Insights reporting! While this is not yet possible for now, I can tell you that our developers are aware of this request and have also noted your feedback 📝

In the meantime I recommend:

• Following What's Planned to learn about what we're currently working on 🔎
    • Following What’s New for new release announcements and updates 📢

🛠Feel free to join  Research and Beta Testing  for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live 🛠

• BlackrazorNZ
    BlackrazorNZ Member Posts: 13
    5 Likes Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2022 #4

I see that more custom fields are now supported in Insights, but only custom fields that are Deal fields.

As above, it would be extremely useful to be able to filter & report on Product sales using a Product custom field (e.g. Category), or indeed any Product-linked field at all, rather than having to individually list 100 different products.

• Andy Janiszewski
    Andy Janiszewski Member Posts: 1
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited May 2022 #5

Hi Daniel, I see what you mean and also agree it would make a great addition to Insights reporting! While this is not yet possible for now, I can tell you that our developers are aware of this request and have also noted your feedback 📝

In the meantime I recommend:

• Following What's Planned to learn about what we're currently working on 🔎
    • Following What’s New for new release announcements and updates 📢

🛠Feel free to join  Research and Beta Testing  for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live 🛠

Hi Manuel, has there been any updates to this?

• Vladimir Vala
    Vladimir Vala Member Posts: 10
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment

Hello, its really needed!

Could you please add this possibility of reporting by product category?

Thank you very much.

Vladimir

• I would suggest considering Coupler or Flatly to build a data pipeline.

You can read more about building a data pipeline for Pipedrive in this article.

If you have any other questions or need further help, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Best,

Amit Sarda

Resources: Pipedrive Training Videos | 50+ Pipedrive Add-ons | Pipedrive Consulting | Pipedrive Automation Examples

PS: Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

• Vladimir Vala
    Vladimir Vala Member Posts: 10
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment

Thanks for the article but export in csv/xls wont show you categories for product... So its not a solution.

I imported lot of products with product categories which were added before creating new deals.

i need to see in export another columns i created before.

So it wont show me anything now.