Creation Contact Relationships

Dmitri Ivanenko
Dmitri Ivanenko Member Posts: 20
5 Up Votes First Comment

Make the contact linkable to another contact, such as parent and child, or brother and sister. Allows us to maintain the relationship between contacts, engage various contacts together etc.

Currently I add child 1 or child 2 to the contact, then go to child 1, and in custom field parent 1 add the parent contact (field is person), so that way they are linked visually. 

If there was a relationship field and allowed automations around those, that would be great.  I understand there are workarounds like using organization for it, but that's a workaround and not a great one, not a solution long term.

2 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• jams
    jams Member Posts: 19
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #2

This would be great for tracking referrals. 

Right now it is only possible to create a one way relationship. We use it to link a customer to the referring contact. 

It would be great to have the relationship go both ways so you could click on a contact and see a list of everyone they have referred. 

• Dmitri Ivanenko
    Dmitri Ivanenko Member Posts: 20
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited August 2021 #3

This would be great for tracking referrals. 

Right now it is only possible to create a one way relationship. We use it to link a customer to the referring contact. 

It would be great to have the relationship go both ways so you could click on a contact and see a list of everyone they have referred. 

yeah we do the same. I have a "referred by" field for every contact, and then run a filter for that field and sort by referred by and know who they referred.