Watch the recording of today's discussion - The move from “selling with empathy” to “compassionate u

James Campbell
James Campbell Member Posts: 42
First Comment First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper
edited July 2022 in Business Talk #1
https://pipedrive.hubs.vidyard.com/watch/wfosaWo2nDM921ra8K7fcC?

Thank you everyone for attending today's session with @Matt Heinz furthering the conversation on the macroeconomic issues facing Sales and Marketing in today's environment. 

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited April 2020 #2

By @Ward America

I think people are getting more accustomed to the new normal like you say, so everyone needs business to continue right?

• Inês Batata
    edited February 2022 #3

By @Meg Lau

I missed the first webinar. I would love the resource. Is there a link?

• Inês Batata
    edited April 2020 #4

By @Kallie Johnson :

I'm comfortable talking to our clients, prospects we met with etc. Where I'm struggling is working through my cold calls... I don't want to miss an opportunity however, I don't want to screw up my sales for the whole year...

• Inês Batata
    edited February 2022 #5

By Agnesia:

Have you seen an increase in expectation that services should be offered online for free?

• Inês Batata
    edited April 2020 #6

By @Peter Cox :

We design and fit out office space in London, UK- is it wrong for us to start pushing a service for clients who may be "downsizing" their office space as more people work from home when things get back to "normal"?

@Chris Shipley (webinar moderator) answered:

Have you considered positioning your service as a "return to work healthy" offering, taking social distancing into account?

• Inês Batata
    edited April 2020 #7

By Gustav:

I do not want to sound cheap but sincerely want to offer something to serve to my prospects wrt information technology managed service provider. How do I approach? Gustav, Cape Town, South Africa

• Inês Batata
    edited April 2020 #8

By @Sofia Abdo :

What industries are the most viable and healthy right now vs. ones that aren't the right ones to reach out to?

• Inês Batata
    edited February 2022 #9

By Rajan:

We are trying to be in touch with our existing as well as potential customers, not exactly trying to get a sales confirmation, so what else can be done in these challenging times to ensure we can bounce back commercially so that we can save our enterprise in the right time?

• Inês Batata
    edited April 2020 #10

By Rajan:

We are trying to be in touch with our existing as well as potential customers, not exactly trying to get a sales confirmation, so what else can be done in these challenging times to ensure we can bounce back commercially so that we can save our enterprise in the right time?

There's some very useful tips on this in the Q&A from our Oceania edition of the "Sales and Marketing Amid the COVID-19 Pandemic" webinar, which you can check out here!

• Inês Batata
    edited April 2020 #11

By Carol:

I like the comment about trying to speak to the execs right now since "when economy goes down, decisions go up" and in some situations, I'm not having to deal with gatekeepers (as some are furloughed) but some gatekeepers are even more protective now, do you have any suggestions on that?

• Inês Batata
    edited April 2020 #12

By @Chitray Doshi :

How do SAAS product companies need to do selling in the current situation?

@Ward America answered:

@Chitray Doshi what SAAS are you selling?

• Inês Batata
    edited April 2020 #13

By @Rob Watts :

How useful is it for us as a small business to be creating online content at this time – advising readers on how to combat this crisis. Is this a useful tool to contact potential clients?

• Inês Batata
    edited April 2020 #14

By Adam:

How much value do you think relationships during this period will remain special beyond this year? Will clients remember our actions in the hard times more than ever before? Will that value last?

• Inês Batata
    edited April 2020 #15

By @Paul Sathis :

I think, as sales people, we need to work on pivoting how we go about finding new business. The new normal is going to be very difficult to master. Already we are a maligned role in business. How can we go about using this crisis to make changes to that and adapt to our 'new' normal?

• Inês Batata
    edited April 2020 #16

By Nico:

I understand you are speaking on a higher level... I get it... however do you have a three point strategy to identify what our clients will purchase right this moment?

• Inês Batata
    edited February 2022 #17

By Rajan:

We are into SAAS product, and we don't offer free trials as a policy, do you feel this is the best time to offer free trials to attract audience? Or is it risky?

• Inês Batata
    edited April 2020 #18

By Adam:

Does every business need a new enlightened post-Corona identity/plan or can we come out the other side essentially offering the same?

• Inês Batata
    edited April 2020 #19

By @Steve Lucarelli :

If you had just "leveled up" into a new business partner when this pandemic happened, how do you handle having a limited amount of new contact/business relations while still trying to move sales along?

• Inês Batata
    edited April 2020 #20

By Agnesia:

Have you seen an increase in expectation that services should be offered online for free?

@Sue Bahn I know from our previous webinar this is something you're experienced with - would you like to give some advice? 🙂

• Inês Batata
    edited April 2020 #21

By @Meg Lau

I missed the first webinar. I would love the resource. Is there a link?

@Meg Lau Check out the recording and live discussion here. You can find it and all future ones here in our Community 🙂

• Inês Batata
    edited April 2020 #22

By Rajan:

We are into SAAS product, and we don't offer free trials as a policy, do you feel this is the best time to offer free trials to attract audience? Or is it risky?

@Sue Bahn Do you want to chime in?

• Inês Batata
    edited April 2020 #23

By Scott:

The main challenge for me is not knowing what to say. It's clients that are temporarily shut down and are not in business. So you are focusing on a small number of essential service providers with limited funds.

@Ward America answered:

Totally I agree, that in itself is quite challenging.

@Max Brennan  answered:

I just started cold calling again.

Larah answered:

We do at least 10 calls a day to are top 20%. Not cold calling though at this time.

Mark answered:

If your product or service can help a company in this economic environment you are crazy if you are not cold calling. But I would also target owners and executives. There is an old saying that is when the economy goes down the decision goes up. Owners and execs are taking over all decisions that affect the bottom line right now.

Colin answered:

The prospects are too busy dealing with their own problems. If they do not know you and you call them asking about their family they're not likely to take it well.

Nico answered:

Why do you think asking about someone's family is not a respectful way to speak to someone.. especially when so many people are suffering.. or who know people who are suffering? Huge difference in Europe.

Colin answered:

That is true. In South Africa, where I am, people are not like that. They don't assume you're being sincere.

@Brad Smith answered:

I've had success with the term "When the time is right for you to reach back out..." people seem to be receptive to that, so far.

@Tony Rishell answered:

@Brad Smith   thanks for the input!

Lara answered:

Yes I agree with that too @Brad Smith .

@Candace Peck answered:

I've had limited success with that phrasing too @Brad Smith .

@Max Brennan answered:

Every email starts with "Hope you are staying healthy and well!" and ends with the same. lol

Nico answered:

We're more down to earth with sincere...SINCERE enquiry about their wellbeing.

@Carl Zuhl answered:

A great way to help your customers is to ask them how you can help them help their customers. This can be a powerful conversation that allows you to be their thinking partner and might create opportunities.

@Javier Castelblanco Diaz answered:

@Carl Zuhl I like that approach.

@Carl Zuhl answered:

@Javier Castelblanco Diaz It works! Insight selling is an amazing tool that creates a different relationship between you & your customer.

• Inês Batata
    edited February 2022 #24

By Dharmil:

Sales people using the CRM to check whether the prospects have viewed email and have also clicked on some relatable links and navigated through, can do certainly a warm and research enabled call in order to build some conversation and then figure out further actions.

• Inês Batata
    edited April 2020 #25

By Dharmil:

Sales people using the CRM to check whether the prospects have viewed email and have also clicked on some relatable links and navigated through, can do certainly a warm and research enabled call in order to build some conversation and then figure out further actions.

Our Email Tracking and Caller features are definitely useful for these cases! 

If you're wondering about GDPR compliance when using these and other Pipedrive features, check out the handy articles we created for you in the link.

• Inês Batata
    edited April 2020 #26

By Dylan:

We are selling remote KYC/onboarding SaaS.

• Inês Batata
    edited April 2020 #27

By @Max Brennan :

I find now that customers are more open to connecting now than just a couple of weeks ago.

• Inês Batata
    edited April 2022 #28

By Colin:

I think, as sales people, we need to work on pivoting how we go about finding new business. The new normal is going to be very difficult to master. Already we are a maligned role in business. How can we go about using this crisis to make changes to that and adapt to our 'new' normal?

@Sofia Abdo answered:

SaaS companies could really benefit from video marketing right now. Motion design and animation is a really great alternative to live action video and can be used effectively in email follow ups as well as paid advertising!

• Inês Batata
    edited February 2022 #29

By @Peggy Bell :

Can anyone suggest which one tool is the best for getting best SEO results on a wordpress website?

• Inês Batata
    edited April 2020 #30

By @Peggy Bell :

Can anyone suggest which one tool is the best for getting best SEO results on a wordpress website?

Hi @Peggy Bell ! I suggest you check out our SEO tools topic and reach out in our Apps and Integrations group, or even our Seeking Advice section. I'm sure other users there can help you with tips.

• Inês Batata
    edited April 2022 #31

By @Jessalynn Westgate :

We're helping folks ship out their PPE and sanitizers. Feel free to message me or email me if you have questions on packing or shipping? jess@shipuse.com