Frustrated with Smart Docs

Chardy Memorials
Chardy Memorials Member Posts: 5

Honestly, I'm kind of annoyed with it so far.  Two things in particular that's it's important I can do with doucments, you can't do with this integration.  We upgraded our Pipedrive plan to use it, but it looks like I'm going to need to pay for Docusign or Panda Doc anyway, in order to be able to do what we want.

#1 - We get PDF drawings we need the client to e-sign. With Smart Docs, there is no way to attach a PDF to a document to send at the same time, and while you can upload the PDF for esigning, you can't send a note with the document.  So we have to email the customer seperately, and let them know we'll be sending another email.  We work with a lot of elderly people and this can get confusing for them.

#2 -  For our purposes, it's important to have the e-sig on the PDF itself, not on a seperate attached document.  

#3 - I found it frustrating that if you send the document to multiple people and allow them to sign, if they can't figure it out, you have to cancel the entire document and get people to re-sign.  It's frustrating that even as the author of the document, you don't have the ability to just download the document with any one signature and that you can't cancel the request. 

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Andreia Freixo
    Andreia Freixo Posts: 173
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited May 2022 #2

Hi,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us with your feedback, it's really appreciated.

Unfortunately, none of these things are possible at the moment, but I can completely understand how they would be useful. Your feedback has been forwarded to our product team and I can ensure you that it is valued and taken into consideration.

If you want to stay updated on new features, you can follow our What's Planned and What's New pages. :)

Have a great weekend!

• Jolene Sweeney
    Jolene Sweeney Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2022 #3

I feel the same - I got pretty excited to start using it but it's inability to collect some data we might need for contracts that aren't on the deals already seems to be causing more issues.