Events are not activities: getting rid of the need to tick calendar events in Pipedrive

Options
Olivier_81871
Olivier_81871 Member Posts: 1
edited July 2022 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

Hi there,

Signed up today due to a sales programm where the advisor told me to do so.

I'm amazed how Pipedrive lacks features I thought where basic and that I benefit from in Zoho CRM.

One of them is to treat events differently than tasks. Events are in my Google Calendar. They are how I spend my time: meetings, piano, sport, etc. Tasks have to be done but not necessarily at the time I planned them.
But since I activated calendar sync in Pipedrive, all my calendar events are now tasks in Pipedrive. This means I need to check all of them in order for Pipedrive not to tell me I've got things to do. What a waste of time and energy!! What's the point?

I'm so amazed, I wouldn't think I'm the first to suffer from this behaviour.

Now I'm going to deactivate calendar sync but then I will probably lose something else I don't realize yet.

Comments

• Andreia Freixo
    Andreia Freixo Posts: 171
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited May 2022 #2
    Options

Hi Oliver,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us with your feedback, it's really appreciated.

Unfortunately, this is not possible at the moment, but I can completely understand how it would be useful in your workflow. My best advice would be to synchronize only a "task" calendar from Google so that the other activities (events) don't sync into Pipedrive. 

I will also forward your feedback directly to our product team through an internal channel, so I can ensure you that it will be valued and taken into consideration.

To stay updated on new features, you can follow our What's Planned and What's New pages. :)

Have a great day!

• Nick Fotache
    Nick Fotache Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited May 2022 #3
    Options

I just wanted to quickly pop in here and say I completely agree with you. The way Pipedrive handles calendar sync where it creates activates for every calendar event is beyond silly. I found this thread because I was trying to Google how to disable the sync and I can see I am not the only one who thinks the way this is handled in Pipedrive is moronic. 

• Laurent Gaulhiac
    Laurent Gaulhiac Member Posts: 28
    5 Likes First Comment
    edited June 2022 #4
    Options

You are not alone, I also noticed this in the first 2h I was giving Pipedrive a shot. It's really sad, even more so that the fix would be super simple : a custom activity "external event" or "read only" for all events synced and obviously without the task checkbox and annoyances that come with it.

I disable it right after. The problem is that then the Scheduler show me "available" where there is something already in my now unsynced calendar... Obliged to use Calendly where a fix looks so easy and obvisous.