Allow linking of a single activity to multiple deals

Caleb Morton
Caleb Morton Member Posts: 4
5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

It would be great to have the option to link multiple deals to the same, single activity.

For example if you had a meeting scheduled with one contact to discuss multiple deals, it would be great to link everything rather that creating multiple duplicate activities etc.

Example of activity creation screen
5edead65d82833317a688558_86570.png
Tagged:
3 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mark Denholm
    Mark Denholm Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2021 #2

this would be amazing - great idea!

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #3

Hi @Caleb Morton , thank you  for your feedback!

I can see how this could be useful and made sure it reaches our team for consideration.

• Sam Desner
    Sam Desner Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2021 #4

This would also be incredibly helpful for us as well, please bring it to the team! I've been trying for nearly two weeks to figure out how to automate moving all deals in a certain group to a certain stage in a pipeline when a specific activity is completed for one of the deals. This would be incredibly helpful for our sales reps when dealing with Franchised vs. Non-Franchised bar and restaurant chains.

• Stefan Heczko
    Stefan Heczko Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2021 #5

+1 This would also be incredibly helpful for us as well.

• Alex_16846
    Alex_16846 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2021 #6

+1 This feature would be super helpful to help keep deals separate and avoid bucketing multiple things into a single mega deal in order to link it to a meeting.

Is there any update on this?

• Tim Lawrence
    Tim Lawrence Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2021 #7

This would be helpful.  Any update?

• Eli Glanz
    Eli Glanz Member Posts: 49
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2021 #8

I can see how this could be useful and made sure it reaches our team for consideration.

Hi @Inês Batata, can this be escalated?

Our sales reps constantly have meetings with customers where multiple deals are discussed.

So far I see no workaround or solution for those meetings to be reflected in their respective Pipedrive Deals - creating multiple meetings is not an option as it will inflate the # of activities.

Just like you can link multiple person(s), you should be able to link multiple deals.

Please.

• Mohamed AMER
    Mohamed AMER Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2021 #9

This  feature is a great one, especially in the context of having multiple deals (in different pipelines!) converging to the same person. having to create different activities in Pipedrive creates conflict in other Calendar applications (for Example I use Outlook, and till now I get confused and have to check why there is a conflict in the calendar, only to find it's the same activity).

I hope you can resolve this soon.

• Euan Lockwood
    Euan Lockwood Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2021 #10

+1 for this feature request. We often have multiple deals covered by single meetings/calls.

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited April 2023 #11

Hi @Eli Glanz and everyone, thank you for your feedback and ideas. I've reinforced them internally again to be taken into consideration by the team for new developments.

At the moment we have no news about this, as priorities and resource allocations for development have to be distributed and unfortunately not everything can be built or at least built in the near future. That being said, we appreciate your input and use it to give our teams thinking points to be considered in the future.

This is where we make all product update announcements, make sure to follow them:

• Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new release announcements.
    • Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.

• Niels T
    Niels T Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited February 2021 #12

I'm using the same work around for this as well and would be very happy with this possibility as well. 

Already anticipating a drop in number of activities after this feature would be implemented, but that's fine :) 

• Jake Newbury
    Jake Newbury Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #13

Hi, I wanted to make a feature request... not sure if this is the best place to do it....
    Could you please make it possible for 1 activity to be aligned to multiple opportunities.

Just to add context I work with customers on multiple opportunities at one time, and it would be great to not have to duplicate calls across all the different opportunities from one call.

• Eiríkur Skúlason
    Eiríkur Skúlason Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2021 #14

+1 for this feature request! This would be hugely beneficial for us and would really improve our sales process. Making multiple activities which are just copies of each other which convolute our workload and activities is not a good solution.

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,050 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited February 16 #15

Hello @Jake Newbury , thank you for your feedback! By using the topic Feedback & Suggestions , your request has been automatically forwarded internally to our developers as a note for consideration 📝

At the moment each individual activity can only be linked to a deal at a time I'm afraid. But depending on what you are looking to do, you can try bulk-creating activities . Or even automating the process of creating each activity in the deal, to make the process less dependant on manual action.

• Titouan Parand_39894
    Titouan Parand_39894 Member Posts: 5
    First Comment
    edited September 2021 #16

+1 I need that :)

• Ben Young
    Ben Young Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2021 #17

+1 @Inês Batata any update on this? It's the thing making me currently look at other CRM systems for our team so would be super awesome to have this!

• Jennie Ekigbo
    Jennie Ekigbo Member Posts: 5
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2022 #18

It would be great if we can link multiple leads and deals to a single activity, instead of having to create multiple activities for one person.

• Andre Vill
    Andre Vill Member Posts: 131
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Likes
    edited February 16 #19

Hi Jennie!

Great suggestion! This could be a feature that can be enabled in the settings. 

I am guessing this will be a challenge for developers to add since Activities are also connected with Persons and Organizations. This again means that a lot of other features would have to be reworked for this to work correctly. 

• svamann
    svamann Member Posts: 67
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Likes
    edited February 16 #20

Hi Jennie,

may I ask what your use case is? I initially wanted to do the same, but found that assigning on activity to each lead/deal/contact (where all activities look the same) got me all the way, because I can filter for this and get a list of all of them and I can bulk manage the activities, basically treating them as one, if I want.

Best,
    Sven

• Jennie Ekigbo
    Jennie Ekigbo Member Posts: 5
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 16 #21

@Sven Amann Sorry I don't quite understand what you mean by use case?  I understand what you mean about assigning activities that look the same.

• svamann
    svamann Member Posts: 67
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Likes
    edited February 16 #22

@Sven Amann Sorry I don't quite understand what you mean by use case?  I understand what you mean about assigning activities that look the same.

I was wondering to what end you want to associate multiple leads/deals to the same activity. Since I found that creating „duplicate“ activities works for all our cases, I was wondering whether this is the case in your scenario as well, but couldn’t tell, because I don’t know your scenario/use case. Does that make sense?

• ChaLg
    ChaLg Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited June 2023 #23

Hello,

We sometimes do training for multiple customers that are in a same group. To register the activity on each deals, today we can only manually copy the task from a deal to another.

It would be great to be able to link several deals to one taks so the task shows on all the realted deals.

• Caleb Morton
    Caleb Morton Member Posts: 4
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

@Inês Batata Has there been any progress internally with this idea?

Side note; I cannot see the Whats Planned page anymore 😕

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,050 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer

Hi @Caleb Morton , a single activity to multiple deals is not in the plans for the very near future. However, our product teams have noted the feedback.

"What's Planned" was a category that existed before the latest community update in August 2022. Because it felt redundant to our product teams, it has been removed. But you can follow Research and Beta Testing (learn about, and participate in ongoing research), and you can also follow What's New (learn about the latest updates as they are released)

• Haris_82827
    Haris_82827 Member Posts: 1
    First Anniversary First Comment

I really need this feature in Pipedrive as I talk to my customers about a number of products and I can't keep filling my calendar with several activities for the same person as that's a big waste of my time. Has anyone found any other solutions for now?

• Charlie Lehmann
    Charlie Lehmann Member Posts: 13
    5 Likes First Comment Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited February 16 #27

@Jennie Ekigbo +1, I would really like this feature too! While we can create multiple activities, it would be more streamlined to sometimes be able to associate one activity with, for example, multiple deals.

• MISN
    MISN Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic

this would be really helpful