Automatically created folders in Google Drive for organisation for uploaded files

Options
Bernd Auer
Bernd Auer Member Posts: 345
First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

If you are creating a document with the new document creation feature, it creates automatically a folder in Google Drive of the organization within the general Pipedrive folder and saves the file in this folder.

If you upload a file it will be synced to the general Pipedrive folder without the creation of a organisation folder.

It would be great if the upload would trigger the creation of a organisation folder as well. If you don't know the name of the uploaded document it will be hard to find. 

Comments

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,531
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited July 2020 #2
    Options

One step closer to a more organized Google Drive.

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited July 2020 #3
    Options

Thank you for your feedback @Bernd Auer , I've made sure it reaches the teams for consideration!

• Marcelo Silva
    Marcelo Silva Member Posts: 243
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #4
    Options

Você consegue via Zapier

O gatilho pode ser um negocio ganho, ou uma mudança de fase por exemplo.

Então você diz para o Zapier criar uma pasta com o Nome da Empresa que acionou o gatilho.

Depois quando for criar o documento já tera uma pasta no Google Drive!

• RG
    RG Member Posts: 26
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited November 2020 #5
    Options

Still need this option to organize uploads

• Jason Prosnitz
    Jason Prosnitz Member Posts: 12
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #6
    Options

@Mike van der Valk  @Inês Batata 

This should happen for persons, deals or organizations. Upload shouldn’t just dump it into the top level. That’s just lazy. And, not just if I manually upload, but if any app extension does either. 

Simple Example/Practical User Story: As a user of PandaDoc’s deep integration with Pipedrive, I expect PandaDoc created files either populate in an existing folder or create a new one based on the parent entity (Persons->[Person Name], Deals->[Deal Name], Organization->[Organization Name]).

I recognize there are all sorts of corner cases here around names and duplicates. The cheap and easy (albeit not pretty) way to deal with this is just attach the unique ID that is ALREADY been used to the front or back of the folder name.

• Jason Prosnitz
    Jason Prosnitz Member Posts: 12
    First Comment
    edited February 2021 #7
    Options

This should happen for persons, deals or organizations. Upload shouldn’t just dump it into the top level. That’s just lazy. And, not just if I manually upload, but if any app extension does either. 

Simple Example/Practical User Story: As a user of PandaDoc’s deep integration with Pipedrive, I expect PandaDoc created files either populate in an existing folder or create a new one based on the parent entity (Persons->[Person Name], Deals->[Deal Name], Organization->[Organization Name]).

I recognize there are all sorts of corner cases here around names and duplicates. The cheap and easy (albeit not pretty) way to deal with this is just attach the unique ID that is ALREADY been used to the front or back of the folder name.

The bonus: A configuration in settings for naming conventions. E.g. File Name = [File Name].[Entity Name].[Date].[extension] for example). Many of the fields are already available to make this clean.

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited November 2020 #8
    Options

Thank you for sharing your use case so clearly @Jason Prosnitz , it helps us a lot! PS - You don't need to tag Mike or me, we look at everything that's posted in Community ;)

Right now there are no concrete short term plans to make these improvements. Unfortunately with many customers and requests and with limited development resources we need to prioritise and make choices what to deliver first. However, we have made sure our team will consider your suggestions for future developments.

In the meantime, take a look at @Marcelo Silva 's workaround above (click the globe icon for a translation), it might make your life easier. 

From our end, here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

🔮 Follow What's Planned to know what we're working on currently and what’s to come.

🌟 Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new releases.

🧪 Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.

• Dan Schneids
    Dan Schneids Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

Has this been updated?

• Julien Bréal_71670
    Options

We have found a solution for a client. It allows for the automatic creation of a folder for each of their clients. Then, they can upload multiple files at once, which will be placed in the correct folder in less than 2 seconds. It supports all file formats. If you're interested, we can implement it for you at a small price.