It's live: Zoom integration

Mike van der Valk
Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
edited August 2022 in What's New #1

UPDATE - it's live 🚀
https://support.pipedrive.com/hc/en-us/articles/360008910817-Pipedrive-Integration-Zoom-Meetings-BETA-

---

One of our internal teams has started to work on an integration with Zoom. During our mission to deliver this integration app to our Marketplace we hope to deliver to options to:

• Schedule a meeting with Zoom details (link) from the scheduler and activity page
  • Log meeting notes and the Zoom recording in the activity

📝Please note 📝

Pipedrive reserves the right to modify and update the features in the What's planned?  topic and does not communicate exact timelines for delivery.

Update:

We've opened up beta testing for this upcoming feature, if you're interested in trying it out and giving us early feedback. Enrol for beta-testing here. 🧪

https%3A%2F%2F54661828871037.zapwp.com%2Fq%3Aintelligent%2Fretina%3Afalse%2Fwebp%3Atrue%2Fw%3A1%2Furl%3Ahttps%3A%2F%2Fgracecity.com.au%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2020%2F03%2Fzoom-logo.png?width=1240&w=1240&auto=format%2Ccompress&ixlib=js-2.3.1&s=62df417a6bb446e705e794af868e9a27

Comments

• Paul Downes
    Paul Downes Member Posts: 34
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #2

Brilliant, any idea of a timeline? Weeks or months?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited August 2020 #3

@Paul Downes I wish I had them for you but unfortunately timelines are a very tricky thing to share. Especially in this case where most of our work has been done and now has to be reviewed and approved by the Zoom marketplace team.

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited August 2020 #4

Hi @Paul Downes

We've opened up beta testing for this upcoming feature, if you're interested in trying it out and giving us early feedback. Enrol for beta-testing here.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited September 2020 #5
  • Jay Eagleson
    Jay Eagleson Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #6

Will we see this with Google Meet? Pipedrive is already tightly integrated with GSuite.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited September 2020 #7

Will we see this with Google Meet? Pipedrive is already tightly integrated with GSuite.

@Jay Eagleson I'll pass on that suggestion to the team. Currently it's not being worked on but I hope we can add it in the future.

• Alex Napier Holland
    Alex Napier Holland Member Posts: 29
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #8

Neat. But Zoom's UX is HORRIFIC - so I just switched to Google Meet.

Any chance of a Meet integration?

• Alex Napier Holland
    Alex Napier Holland Member Posts: 29
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Photogenic
    edited September 2020 #9

Seconded. Meet is far, far smoother for GSuite users.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited September 2020 #10

Neat. But Zoom's UX is HORRIFIC - so I just switched to Google Meet.

Any chance of a Meet integration?

@Alex Napier Holland I hear our team is researching it at the moment. Can't make any promises but it's being looked into.

• Matt Nye
    Matt Nye Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #11

Hello, this is great news, but is there any way to have a Zoom meeting auto-created if someone uses the scheduler to book a meeting? At the moment I can't see any way to have it create a new unique meeting when someone schedules. The only option I see is to use a standing meeting link, which is ill-advised for my business. Thanks again for adding what you have so far - it's very helpful!

• Mike van der Valk
    edited September 2020 #12
    Matt Nye said:

Hello, this is great news, but is there any way to have a Zoom meeting auto-created if someone uses the scheduler to book a meeting? At the moment I can't see any way to have it create a new unique meeting when someone schedules. The only option I see is to use a standing meeting link, which is ill-advised for my business. Thanks again for adding what you have so far - it's very helpful!

Hi @Matt Nye thanks for the kind words and unfortunately this is not possible yet via the scheduler. Will share that feedback and suggestion with our team though!

• Jason Yormark
    Jason Yormark Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited September 2020 #13
    Matt Nye said:

This is a must. It's not very efficient to have to manually go into calendar invites to add this.

• Inês Batata
    edited September 2020 #14
    Matt Nye said:

@Matt Nye and @Jason Yormark  a workaround you can use is create a permanent Zoom link and include it in the notes visible for your invitees in Scheduler. It's not perfect, but might make your life that bit much easier!

Stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• Richard Hoffmann
    Richard Hoffmann Member Posts: 5
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2022 #15

What is the Zoom Integration for unless it is not able to create unique scheduling links via the scheduler? 

Of course, anyone can simply add any meeting tool's static meeting room link to the notes. But hey, ever had meeting after meeting after meeting in a straight row.

I can tell you that it's a quite shitty situation when your new pot. client joins the call early or on time and your current client call is still running.. Surely, using the "allow new entry" function works via your zoom settings. But even this is creating awkwardness as your current meeting participants can see the request.

Would love to see this feature being prioritized :) !

• Inês Batata
    edited September 2020 #16

What is the Zoom Integration for unless it is not able to create unique scheduling links via the scheduler? 

Of course, anyone can simply add any meeting tool's static meeting room link to the notes. But hey, ever had meeting after meeting after meeting in a straight row.

I can tell you that it's a quite shitty situation when your new pot. client joins the call early or on time and your current client call is still running.. Surely, using the "allow new entry" function works via your zoom settings. But even this is creating awkwardness as your current meeting participants can see the request.

Would love to see this feature being prioritized :) !

Thank you for your feedback, @Richard Hoffmann

New Zoom links are automatically generated when you create activities manually in Pipedrive; the workaround I mentioned above was for Scheduler-generated activities, which we don't integrate with Zoom yet.

With many customers and requests and with limited development resources we need to prioritise and make choices what to deliver first. I've forwarded your suggestion internally to our team  and they noted it down for when they'll work on updates again.

Speaking of which, here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line: