How to get rid of non-deal related items in Emails and Activity reports?

Kristi
Kristi Member Posts: 3

Terribly disappointed in the Emails and Activity reports/insights. We upgraded to the more expensive package to enable full 2-way sync, so we can get rid of manual BCCing, but now it turns out this renders both Emails and Activity reports essentially useless, because these include ALL emails and meetings. The only way to exclude internal team emails and in-house meetings (even vacations), is creating separate folders and rules in mailboxes and sync setup. Quite honestly, I expected Pipedrive is able to automatically count only deal-related emails and events. Does anyone have an automated solution for this?

1 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi @Kristi , we appreciate your feedback and are sorry to hear this is working differently than you expected.

Regarding in-house emails, the solution you implemented is the correct one: because PIpedrive syncs emails based on folders, the best way to differentiate those from emails to your customers is to store them in a folder that you don't sync with Pipedrive. Alternatively, you can block internal emails from being synced by listing them in the "Ignored addresses" section of your Email Sync settings. Learn more about this here or reach out to our Support team for more help.

As to in-house activities, the only way Pipedrive knows how to differentiate them is by type of activity. My suggestion to make your life easier is to create a custom type of activity that you assign to the in-house meetings, so that way they can be differentiated from other meetings in your reports.

Hope these tips help!

• Seda
    Seda Posts: 85 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited February 2022 #3

To view Deal related activities only add a Pipeline filter to your reports :)

• Kristi
    edited August 2020 #4
    Seda said:

Thanks! Yes, managed to do this for Activities. 

I would help a lot, if emails report had the same option. And more filtering options in general.

• Kristi
    edited October 2020 #5

Hi @Kristi , we appreciate your feedback and are sorry to hear this is working differently than you expected.

Regarding in-house emails, the solution you implemented is the correct one: because PIpedrive syncs emails based on folders, the best way to differentiate those from emails to your customers is to store them in a folder that you don't sync with Pipedrive. Alternatively, you can block internal emails from being synced by listing them in the "Ignored addresses" section of your Email Sync settings. Learn more about this here or reach out to our Support team for more help.

As to in-house activities, the only way Pipedrive knows how to differentiate them is by type of activity. My suggestion to make your life easier is to create a custom type of activity that you assign to the in-house meetings, so that way they can be differentiated from other meetings in your reports.

Hope these tips help!

There are not very good options, since I would have to force the whole team to hack the sync. And as you can imagine, any hack is difficult to enforce coherently across the team. 

So I'll be waiting for the Emails report filter that enables filtering only deal-relate emails.

• Mikk Märtmaa
    Mikk Märtmaa Member Posts: 25
    First Comment
    edited August 2020 #6
    Seda said:

Hey @Seda , is it possible to filter by pipeline or by stage in the email reports? 

To me, only email direction, link tracking, open tracking, team and user are available as filters/conditions. 

• Seda
    Seda Posts: 85 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited August 2020 #7
    Seda said:

Not yet, but this will be added :)

• Brandon Hadden
    Brandon Hadden Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #8

@Seda Is it possible to send Pipedrive a calendar invite? If I schedule a meeting via google calendar, I'd like to just add my Pipedrive account as a guest to the invitation so the activity is automatically added to the scheduler. Is this possible? 

Another use case is if a client schedules the meeting- I need a way to add it to Pipedrive Activities, outside of a two way calendar sync. The two way sync brings over too many unrelated calls/ meetings. 

• Inês Batata
    edited September 2020 #9

@Seda Is it possible to send Pipedrive a calendar invite? If I schedule a meeting via google calendar, I'd like to just add my Pipedrive account as a guest to the invitation so the activity is automatically added to the scheduler. Is this possible? 

Another use case is if a client schedules the meeting- I need a way to add it to Pipedrive Activities, outside of a two way calendar sync. The two way sync brings over too many unrelated calls/ meetings. 

Hi @Brandon Hadden !

To answer your 1st question: to achieve that you simply need to sync your Google Calendar with PIpedrive (I recommend the 2-way sync) and wherever you create the event (Pipedrive or Google Calendar) that slot won't show up as available in Scheduler. Learn about it here.

2nd question: In that case I would suggest you create a second calendar in your Google Calendar and sync that one with PIpedrive, so that irrelevant events from there aren't synced into Pipedrive. Make sure to only use that new calendar to create events that you do want to sync with Pipedrive.

Hope that makes your life easier!  🚀

• Charlie Mowat
    Charlie Mowat Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #10

What happened to the "emails linked to contacts" report that used to be in the old reporting module?

• Inês Batata
    edited October 2020 #11

What happened to the "emails linked to contacts" report that used to be in the old reporting module?

Hi @Charlie Mowat , we've recently released Emails in Insights, check out the announcement we made here.

This tutorial will help you too: Replicating old reports in Insights 🚀

Stay on top of what’s been released and what’s coming down the line:

• Jay Graves
    Jay Graves Member Posts: 14
    5 Likes 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #12

Is there any way for me as an administrator to upload a bulk list of email addresses to ignore that applies to all users? Otherwise, I have to go to every salesperson and force them to do this. It has taken all day to clean up the email and activity reports and I know it will be temporary without constant vigilance.

• Inês Batata
    edited November 2020 #13

Is there any way for me as an administrator to upload a bulk list of email addresses to ignore that applies to all users? Otherwise, I have to go to every salesperson and force them to do this. It has taken all day to clean up the email and activity reports and I know it will be temporary without constant vigilance.

Hi @Jay Graves , thank you for your feedback!

Currently this is not possible but the team noted down your suggestion for when they'll work on updates again. 

Speaking of which, here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• Georg Grozli
    Georg Grozli Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2022 #14

Hi @Inês Batata , any updates on this? Unfortunately, this issue is still extremely annoying.

Best

• Tom Rickey
    Tom Rickey Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment

Hi @Georg Grozli and @Kristi

I found this annoying as well so I have just created 2 reports to be able to track this.

Select Activities Report Filter by Type is 'Email' or 'Meeting' and then Contact Person 'is not empty'

It is still annoying that all the standard reports include all activities but at least you can focus on meetings with contacts on those reports. Just need to make sure your colleagues are not contacts!

Let me know if this helps..

Thanks,

Tom