Google Drive Shared Drive/Team Drive Integration

Cameron Greenburg
Cameron Greenburg Member Posts: 2

I am wondering if Pipedrive supports Google Drive integration for Shared Drives. Currently, it seems that I am only able to upload files that exist only in "My Drive" in our Company Google Drive instance. Our organization keeps all deal-relevant files on shared Drives and therefore the google drive integration is useless. 

Is there a workaround or plan to support integrating with Shared Drives? 

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 848
    5 Likes Premier Solution Provider First Anniversary First Answer
    edited October 2020 #2

You can upload the files directly into PD files rather than Google Drive.

This way your whole team can share the documents. 

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #3

Hi @Cameron Greenburg !

Unfortunately at the moment Shared Drives are not supported; as a workaround I would suggest hosting the documents in your own Drive and make it shared with your coworkers.

Regardless, I can see how Shared Drive syncing would be beneficial and I've made sure your suggestion reaches our team so they can take it into consideration in future developments. We appreciate your feedback!

Speaking of which, here are some pro tips to stay on top of things:

• Mathieu Gimenez
    Mathieu Gimenez Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2020 #4

Hi @Cameron Greenburg !

Unfortunately at the moment Shared Drives are not supported; as a workaround I would suggest hosting the documents in your own Drive and make it shared with your coworkers.

Regardless, I can see how Shared Drive syncing would be beneficial and I've made sure your suggestion reaches our team so they can take it into consideration in future developments. We appreciate your feedback!

I wish it was possible

• Inês Batata
    edited October 2020 #5

Hi @Cameron Greenburg !

hi @Mathieu Gimenez !

I'm not making any promises but things can change :)

Make sure you never miss out and stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• Daniel Barnes
    Daniel Barnes Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2020 #6

Hi. I just want to second this. As a person in company, you can't share every file manually that you create. Rather, you would just upload it to the shared Drive where everyone has access. Also, everyone else does this. When you want to upload a presentation in pipedrive that the Marketing division uploaded, it's not currently possible. Soooo please fix :) ❤️

• PLC Paramedics
    PLC Paramedics Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2020 #7

you can add a "shared with me" folder to "my drive" by highlighting the folder and pressing shift + z and choosing my drive as the destination.

• David Wippel
    David Wippel Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #8

Not supporting "Team/Shared Drives" is a bummer :( Renders the new Document Feature almost useless for us... I hope for an integration ;)

• Inês Batata
    edited January 2021 #9

Not supporting "Team/Shared Drives" is a bummer :( Renders the new Document Feature almost useless for us... I hope for an integration ;)

Thank you for your suggestion, @David Wippel ! We appreciate your input and use it to give our teams thinking points to be considered in the future.

Stay tuned for news  😉 Here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new releases.
    • Follow What's Planned to know what we're working on currently and what’s to come.
    • Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.

• Sam Clarke
    Sam Clarke Member Posts: 9
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #10

+1 to OP. We need Pipedrive Documents to save to our shared drive so that other team members can view them. Currently as Head of Sales, I cannot view contracts and proposals that our sales & CS team is creating in Documents! Please look into this as we otherwise love Documents.

• Inês Batata
    edited January 2021 #11

+1 to OP. We need Pipedrive Documents to save to our shared drive so that other team members can view them. Currently as Head of Sales, I cannot view contracts and proposals that our sales & CS team is creating in Documents! Please look into this as we otherwise love Documents.

Good news @Sam Clarke @Cameron Johnson @Boris Tsibelman @Mathieu Gimenez @PLC Paramedics @David Wippel @Daniel Barnes : Sales Documents for teams are on the way, see here. 🚀

Here’s how to get notified about what’s coming down the line:

• Sam Clarke
    Sam Clarke Member Posts: 9
    First Comment
    edited January 2021 #12

Thanks, Ines! Looking forward to seeing this in action when it rolls out.

• Jeremy Luebke
    Jeremy Luebke Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited May 2022 #13

+1 - The SmartDocs supports shared drives. The Files feature should also support shared drives. 

• etiennearaya
    etiennearaya Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Any updates about supports Google Drive integration for Shared Drives?

• Cedric Degruyter
    Cedric Degruyter Member Posts: 3
    Name Dropper First Comment

It works perfectly for me. I have my docs on the shared drives and works flawlessly.