Now live: Goals in Insights 🎯 📈

Options
Inês Batata
Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
edited August 2022 in What's New #1

In another step to make Insights fulfil its potential, we are soon starting to work on bringing Goals into Insights, which means that dashboard, reports and goals will all be brought together. We know this will make our users very happy! 

Why?

Goals are an essential element of growth: they give a clear vision, set a sharp focus, and help to drive time and resources on what matters most, so you get closer to achieving what you need.

How will it work?

• set Goals for yourself, for other users, for teams and for the entire company
  • set a Goal duration, so they’re flexible in time to reflect your working reality
  • compare your actual results with your desired results in real time
  • use that knowledge to adjust course or confirm that you’ve created a winning strategy

🧑‍🏫 Learn more about Goals from our Knowledge Base tutorials and our Academy

📝 Please note 📝

Pipedrive reserves the right to modify and update the features in the What's planned?  topic and does not communicate exact timelines for delivery.

Comments

• Victor Vuillier
    Victor Vuillier Member Posts: 41
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Thanks for this Ines. Any idea on the release date?

A sales CRM without the goal feature is like a summer without sun!

• Inês Batata
    edited October 2020 #3
    Options

No release date yet @Victor Vuillier . We're working on it as we speak but there are many moving parts that can make things change, so we prefer to not make promises we're not sure we can keep. Thank you for understanding.

But there will be sun in this summer (autumn where I am), that's for sure, and we'll announce it here!

Here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• Steve Gubb
    Steve Gubb Member Posts: 3
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #4
    Options

Any news on lead source metrics so for instance lead source Google PPC.  how many leads did we get?

I know you have your lead booster but if I get a call from off an ad I want to be able to track conversions etc  

• Victor Vuillier
    Victor Vuillier Member Posts: 41
    First Comment
    edited October 2020 #5
    Options

Any news on lead source metrics so for instance lead source Google PPC.  how many leads did we get?

I know you have your lead booster but if I get a call from off an ad I want to be able to track conversions etc  

Lead source tracking in insights would be great to have! 

We need those metrics to understand where to spend money wisely. 

• Frank Visser_11942
    Frank Visser_11942 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #6
    Options

Great news Ines! I read on the knowledge base that this function will be released in October 2020. https://support.pipedrive.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004970429-Goals

Is this still correct and is there a chance it'll be postponed?

Thanks!

• Inês Batata
    edited October 2020 #7
    Options

Thank you for your questions @Steve Gubb @Victor Vuillier !

It's in our backlog of ideas but it hasn't made the cut yet, unfortunately. The hardest job is to prioritise all ideas and suggestions from all our customers, as well as crossing-referencing two separate features that are each still in individual development. So, in short, take a peek here.

Stay tuned to the usual places to never miss a beat 😉

• Inês Batata
    edited October 2020 #8
    Options

Great news Ines! I read on the knowledge base that this function will be released in October 2020. https://support.pipedrive.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004970429-Goals

Is this still correct and is there a chance it'll be postponed?

Thanks!

If things go according to plan, yes. That being said, there are so many moving parts that can sometimes speed up or delay delivery that things are always subject to change.

That's why we don't usually announce hard timelines - experience shows us that they can be very fickle and we don't want to disappoint our users. We'd rather surprise them positively, so we choose to be more conservative :)

• Pieter van der Hoeven
    Pieter van der Hoeven Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2022 #9
    Options

Awesome! 

Question - are there also plans on reporting how many new contacts (that match certain criteria) are added to pipedrive? I find that often missing in the insights and reporting features.

• Inês Batata
    edited October 2020 #10
    Options

Awesome! 

Question - are there also plans on reporting how many new contacts (that match certain criteria) are added to pipedrive? I find that often missing in the insights and reporting features.

Hi @Pieter van der Hoeven !

It's on the backlog of ideas, no near term plans unfortunately. The hardest job is to prioritise all ideas and suggestions from all our customers. This one hasn't made the cut yet unfortunately. I will make sure to forward your suggestion to our team so they can consider it in future developments.

In the meantime, I suggest you obtain those results through filtering your Contacts List and exporting them to a spreadsheet  where you can generate graphs.

Stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• Øyvind Hasund Dahl
    Øyvind Hasund Dahl Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #11
    Options

What's the ETA on this feature? 

• Inês Batata
    edited October 2020 #12
    Options

What's the ETA on this feature? 

There are a lot of factors that can make these developments slow down or speed up, so from experience we prefer not to announce any immediate date at the moment, we hope you understand, Øyvind Hasund Dahl.

It's being worked on and we want it to go live as soon as possible, which we will certainly announce here in the Community, but it still has some stages to go through.

Here's a tip: join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions of new and improved features.

Thank you for your patience and enthusiasm!

• Ryan Catchings
    Ryan Catchings Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2022 #13
    Options

We can't wait for this feature! Awesome.

We'd also love to customize reports using data from our custom data fields. Is this something in the works?

• Inês Batata
    edited October 2020 #14
    Options

We can't wait for this feature! Awesome.

We'd also love to customize reports using data from our custom data fields. Is this something in the works?

Hi @Ryan Catchings we're happy to see you excited about this! 🙂

Good news: custom fields in reports are already available, take a look here.

• Margo Michel
    Margo Michel Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2022 #15
    Options

Any release date for Goals yet?

• Inês Batata
    edited October 2020 #16
    Options

There are a lot of factors that can make these developments slow down or speed up, so from experience we prefer not to announce any release date, we hope you understand, @Margo Michel.

It's being worked on and we want it to go live as soon as possible, which we will certainly announce here in the Community, but it still has some stages to go through.

Here's a tip: join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions of new and improved features.

Thank you for your patience and enthusiasm!

• Peggy McGillin
    Peggy McGillin Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2020 #17
    Options

Good morning.  I need to make sure I have goal tracking for 2021.  Please let me know if Pipedrive can deliver or will I need to use another system. Thank you, Peggy McGillin 

• Inês Batata
    edited November 2020 #18
    Options

Hi @Peggy McGillin !

I checked with the Product Manager and if everything goes according to our plans, Goals will be in Insights by 2021. 

We know how important this feature is and we're working hard to bring it back better than ever! We really appreciate your understanding. 🙏

Stay tuned to be the first to know:

• Keely Biggs
    Keely Biggs Member Posts: 7
    First Comment
    edited November 2020 #19
    Options

@Inês Batata do you have a date for this feature yet? so frustrating looking at insights with no context! 

• mmichel@thinkempirical.com
    mmichel@thinkempirical.com Member Posts: 5
    First Comment
    edited November 2020 #20
    Options

Checking in to see if there is a release date for Goals yet.

• Inês Batata
    edited November 2020 #21
    Options

Hi @Margo Michel and @Keely Biggs

We understand your frustration and are working hard to have Goals up and running smoothly as soon as possible. No date can be announced, as they can be fickle and we prefer to be conservative and not disappoint our users with missed deadlines. Stay tuned and thank you for your patience.

🌟 Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new releases.

🔮 Follow What's Planned to know what we're working on currently and what’s to come.

🧪 Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.

• Els Costers
    Els Costers Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #22
    Options

Your FAQ or knowledge base says this will be available as of November. As November is closing can you tell us when you will be launching this feature?

tx!

els 

• Peggy McGillin
    Peggy McGillin Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2020 #23
    Options

Thank you Ines!  Any update now that we are in the homestretch? I want to make sure I am understanding what by 2021 means? The beginning or the end of 2021?  

Thanks for any news and clarification. 

Thank you.

• Inês Batata
    edited November 2020 #24
    Options

Your FAQ or knowledge base says this will be available as of November. As November is closing can you tell us when you will be launching this feature?

tx!

els 

Hi @Els Costers , thank you for your interest!

We aren't very keen on giving out ETAs as things in software development can sometimes go significantly quicker or slower than expected due to depending on many moving parts, which has been the case this time. We appreciate your understanding.

Our goal (no pun intended) is to release Goals in Insights by the end of 2020 and we are working hard on it. Here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• 🔮 Follow What's Planned to know what we're working on currently and what’s to come.
    • 🌟 Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new releases.
    • 🧪 Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.

• Inês Batata
    edited November 2020 #25
    Options

You're welcome @Peggy McGillin  :) Our plan is to have them live by the end of 2020 and we are working hard on it.

• Justus Kraft
    Justus Kraft Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #26
    Options

@Inês Batata Could I join the beta testing for the goals feature?

• Inês Batata
    edited December 2020 #27
    Options

Good news, this is now live! 🚀 Read all about it here.

Pro tips:

• Inês Batata
    edited December 2020 #28
    Options

@Inês Batata Could I join the beta testing for the goals feature?

Hi @Justus Kraft !

The bad news is you can't because (good news) it's already live! 🚀 Read all about it here.

Join our Research and Beta Testing channel to always know when there's a chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.

More pro tips:

• Inês Batata
    edited December 2020 #29
    Options

Update: Forecast Goals are now available too. Learn all about it here. 🚀