Configurable Deal Cards??

Collin Sloan
Collin Sloan Member Posts: 6
Photogenic First Anniversary
edited December 2023 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

On the deal cards in pipeline view, you can see the title, value, owner, organization in the little card. It would be great to be able to configure this view to add a due date or next activity date etc. to this view so I can see critical info at a glance. 

5f8486f13d7e6e107b6d4aef_9515.png
14 votes

Completed · Last Updated

14 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• LOMASNZ
    LOMASNZ Member Posts: 5
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    edited July 2022 #2

I would like to be able to customise the Card view on the Deals screen. 

I want to add custom fields to the view, so I can seem them at a glance along with Org Name, Deal Name, Lable, and Amount. 

• Christopher Daly
    Christopher Daly Member Posts: 23
    First Comment
    edited September 2023 #3

Yes - this!  There are several places where this could make great sense and when you look at the structure of the Deal Cards there is plenty of space to expose a section of information that we customize.  Love it!

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited September 2023 #4

Hi @Paul Armstrong just clarifying, you mean on the deal in the pipeline right? Just checking before I pass anything along to the team here.

• Christopher Daly
    First Comment
    edited September 2023 #5

Hi @Paul Armstrong just clarifying, you mean on the deal in the pipeline right? Just checking before I pass anything along to the team here.

Yep - more details in the Pipeline - the next activity would be useful so you do not have to click around to get to the activity.  It would be nice to be able to customize the cards.  

• Eric Paasche
    Eric Paasche Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited September 2023 #6

I agree. 
    Would love to be able to have "next activity" or another custom field on the deal card view

• Nick Bolton
    Nick Bolton Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited September 2023 #7

Yes please, I just imported 2800 records and it's showing mostly the same stuff on each card - (arghh!) instead of the stuff I want to see and can access quickly - like the contacts name!

• Nick Bolton
    Nick Bolton Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited September 2023 #8

Got this from support. 

the only 2 items visible in the deals module is the organisation name and the deal title. The only way the organisations name is not visible and the deal contact person is visible instead, is when there is no organisation added to the deal details.
    If you wish to have the persons name in the deal title however, then you'd have to export all the details out and remap the contact persons name to the deal title field, otherwise from this view you cannot do much more.

If you would use the list view, then you could have multiple columns visible and there you coudl have the title, org and the person all visible in one row, with the con of not having out pipeline view to manage the deals.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited September 2023 #9

Thanks for sharing @Nick Bolton I see our support team also passed it on to the product manager. It would be great if this is possible in the future!

• Collin Sloan
    edited February 2022 #10

This configuration on the cards would also be great on the forecasting view which is arranged by date. Even though it is arranged by date, you can't actually see the date you have organized it by. (the deal due date is in the week October 19-25 but I can't see what specific day unless I click into the deal) 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited October 2021 #11

This configuration on the cards would also be great on the forecasting view which is arranged by date. Even though it is arranged by date, you can't actually see the date you have organized it by. (the deal due date is in the week October 19-25 but I can't see what specific day unless I click into the deal) 

Thanks for sharing @Collin Sloan I've seen this request before but unfortunately it hasn't been prioritised yet. Thanks for pointing it out again. I'm going to make sure this lands on the desk of our team working on the pipelines in Pipedrive.

• Collin Sloan
    edited October 2021 #12

Thanks!!

• Josh Monifi
    Josh Monifi Member Posts: 89
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper
    edited July 2022 #13

This would be a great added feature! We would really like to see this for all the Deals in Pipeline view. Actually, it would be great to be able to edit the whole card, so you could toggle on or off things like the Main Contact, Owner, Probability, etc etc!

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited September 2023 #14

Thank you for these suggestions @Josh Ward !

At the moment the deal cards are not customizable, but I can see how that might be a handy option. Currently there are no direct plans for it but the team noted down your suggestion for when they'll work on updates again.

Speaking of which, here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

Learn all about any of Pipedrive’s features from our Knowledge Base tutorials and our Academy video courses. Simply search for your topic! 🕵️

• Alex Micallef
    Alex Micallef Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #15

Hi all, 

It would be really useful to be able to expand the cards in the Pipeline view to include other information when viewing the Pipeline. For example, seeing start date and expected close date in the Pipeline view would be really useful, as well as being able to display other information about the deal if chosen (e.g. custom fields)

Currently the only way to do this is to drill down into the deal itself or to look at the list view. Both of which are viable but add a lot of time and the list view is not as useful as the Pipeline view. 

I've raised this with support but would be great to hear if this is being worked on?

• Johan Lagerstam
    Johan Lagerstam Member Posts: 3
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited September 2023 #16

This would be really useful. There are more people at our company that ask for this feature.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited September 2023 #17

Great suggestion @Alex Micallef I'll pass this on to our pipeline team!

• Al_23104
    Al_23104 Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited September 2023 #18

+1 from us. 

• Darek Młodnicki
    Darek Młodnicki Member Posts: 9
    First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2022 #19

Hi, 

In the Pipeline view (the one with boxes/cards as opposed to the list view) a useful feature would be the ability to customise what is displayed in these boxes. Better still, customise this according to a given Pipeline. 

The boxes include Deal Title, Organisation, Value and Status; whereas for our purposes it would make more sense to be able to display e.g. the Deal Contact Person's name there; or hide the value.

Currently to achieve this we resort to using an Automation that copies the contact person's name to the Deal Title, which is redundant (as we already do have a field containing that) and prone to causing commotion when we update things.

Additionally, for someone who'd work with a large number of deals for which the above fields are similar/identical - differing mostly by custom fields - the Pipeline view seems not useful at all. 

• Nancy Vamvakas
    Nancy Vamvakas Member Posts: 30
    First Comment
    edited September 2023 #20

We use Zapier to receive invoice copies from our e-commerce store (Bigcommerce Widget) and then compose the deal titles with ecom order number, cust name and location (state/country).  ... Works for us because we control how the data is populated when deal is auto created via zapier.  .. If you are not automating the creation of deals via a third party app, then this anecdote is not going to help.  I think the issue with performing rules based logic on fields within PD requires a pretty sophisticated rules engine which I don't see coming any time soon. 

• Darek Młodnicki
    Darek Młodnicki Member Posts: 9
    First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2023 #21

We use Zapier to receive invoice copies from our e-commerce store (Bigcommerce Widget) and then compose the deal titles with ecom order number, cust name and location (state/country).  ... Works for us because we control how the data is populated when deal is auto created via zapier.  .. If you are not automating the creation of deals via a third party app, then this anecdote is not going to help.  I think the issue with performing rules based logic on fields within PD requires a pretty sophisticated rules engine which I don't see coming any time soon. 

Nancy, thank you for the comment. We are doing a similar thing with titles. However what I mean in the post is that we wouldn't have to do any of it if we could change in the preferences what fields get to be displayed in the boxes - similarly to how you can customize email templates etc

• Mike van der Valk
    edited September 2023 #22

Thanks for your input @Darek Młodnicki I'm passing it on to our team!

• Indie Campers
    Indie Campers Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited September 2023 #23

Hello 

Mike, do you know if the team is working on this? 
    I have seen this post from 5 months ago and other with 2 weeks old were your reply is the same (passing feedback). 
    Would be great to have a timeline in case this is being worked on. 

Thank you 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited September 2023 #24

Hello 

I have seen this post from 5 months ago and other with 2 weeks old were your reply is the same (passing feedback). 

Thank you 

Hi @Indie Campers 

This happens unfortunately. Our teams are constantly getting in new requests and have to prioritise. I keep on passing the feedback on to them to make sure they know what our customers want and need and that some requests keep coming back.

Unfortunately however this one hasn't been prioritised yet and is part of our backlog right now, so no timeline right now unfortunately :( 

• Christopher Daly
    First Comment
    edited September 2023 #25

Hello 

Thank you 

Time to bring the HAMMER!!!!  Update those Deal Cards!!!!!

:-)

• Mike van der Valk
    edited September 2023 #26

Hello 

Thank you 

When Thor comes with a request we mortals should take it seriously. I will need to find a product manager who is worthy of Thor's hammer to pass the message on to. :) 

Jokes aside @Christopher Daly I am in contact with our team, it's currently not in the works but hopefully we can push up priority. I can't make any promises though :( 

• Eileen Romito
    Eileen Romito Member Posts: 5
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited September 2023 #27

I came here to post a suggestion and found it already described absolutely perfectly by Darek above. So - I second the request :)

• Graham Jones
    Graham Jones Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited September 2023 #28

Adding to this, we have been inspired by https://www.pipedrive.com/en/blog/how-to-use-pipedrive-for-recruiting and moved our recruiting to pipedrive too, which means we've added users and moved up a tier. We're trialling it out but for it to work well, it's critical that we can see the Role/Position on the deal card, otherwise it would necessitate creating a duplicate pipeline for each of the roles we have open. Labels just don't cut it with only a colour showing.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited September 2023 #29

Adding to this, we have been inspired by https://www.pipedrive.com/en/blog/how-to-use-pipedrive-for-recruiting and moved our recruiting to pipedrive too, which means we've added users and moved up a tier. We're trialling it out but for it to work well, it's critical that we can see the Role/Position on the deal card, otherwise it would necessitate creating a duplicate pipeline for each of the roles we have open. Labels just don't cut it with only a colour showing.

Thanks @Graham Jones will pass that on to our team. For now perhaps adding the role in the deal title would be a workaround... not idea, but can work..

• Donal
    Donal Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited September 2023 #30

+1 on this idea.  

• Laura Maier
    Laura Maier Member Posts: 23
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2023 #31

I came here to look for a solution to this as well. @Mike van der Valk is there any way to customize the deal cards based on the pipeline they are in?

This discussion has been closed.