Field Definition Hovering

Josh Monifi
Josh Monifi Member Posts: 89
5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper

As I have spent time building out a training website for our team... this idea came to mind. If we could define fields (built-in and custom) in Settings, and then have those definitions show up either by hovering over a field or displayed right underneath a field, this would really help new and experienced users!

Even better-- if the choices within selection fields can be defined, too!

1 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited June 2022 #2

Thank you for your suggestion @Josh Monifi ! I guess those would work like tooltips :)

At the moment we don't have that option, but I've made sure your input reaches our team so they can consider it in future  developments.

As a workaround, I suggest including some short instructions in the names of the custom fields themselves.

Stay tuned for what’s coming down the line:

• Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new releases.
    • Follow What's Planned to know what we're working on currently and what’s to come.
    • Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.
  • Josh Monifi
    edited December 2021 #3

Thank you for your suggestion @Josh Monifi ! I guess those would work like tooltips :)

At the moment we don't have that option, but I've made sure your input reaches our team so they can consider it in future  developments.

As a workaround, I suggest including some short instructions in the names of the custom fields themselves.

• Follow What's Planned to know what we're working on currently and what’s to come.
    • Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.

Thanks Ines! Do you know if tooltips have made it on to the roadmap for Pipedrive? Our users are still asking for it. Thanks!

• Josh Monifi
    edited June 2022 #4

Hi @Inês Batata did this make it on the the development roadmap? Thanks!

• Michael Guthrie
    Michael Guthrie Member Posts: 4
    Name Dropper First Comment

Hi Did this get implemented yet? Each one of our custom fields looks the same in the little i. and the wording is almost like there is a way.

• Josh Monifi

Super curious if this is going to happen!!

• ACB
    ACB Member Posts: 9
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary

I tried to upvote this idea but the button didn't work!

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,052 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer

Hi everyone, this feature is being introduced to custom fields! You can find out more here.

This discussion has been closed.