New: Goals in Insights! (gradual rollout) 🎯

Options
Inês Batata
Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
edited July 2022 in What's New #1

Why?

For the users who already enjoyed the Goals feature in the previous incarnation of Pipedrive's Reports, this needs no explanation -- and you certainly voiced how much you missed them during this transition period, for which we appreciate your patience. 🙏

For the users who already joined us in the Insights era: Goals are an essential element of growth. They give you a clear vision, set a sharp focus, and help to drive time and resources on what matters most, so you get closer to achieving what you need. They're also an important factor of being driven and motivated to keep working further.

And now they're here! 🎉

For whom?

• All plans
  • Team Goals available for Professional plan only

How does it work?

• set Goals for yourself, for other users, for teams and for the entire company
  • set a Goal duration, so they’re flexible in time to reflect your working reality
  • compare your actual results with your desired results in real time
  • use that knowledge to adjust course or confirm that you’ve created a winning strategy
  • pre-existing goals will be migrated to Insights automatically
  • improvements will be continuously released until late December
Goals in the Reports view of Insights
Goals in the Dashboards view of Insights

🔎 Learn all about Goals in Insights from our Knowledge Base tutorial  in your preferred language.

🔎 Learn all about building better dashboards and reports with Insights with our Academy video.

What are the three main Goals you're going to create? Comment below.

5fc915118c5fa935d89dce3b_81061.png
5fc914f8ba7f58794dd5b8f1_95292.png

Comments

• Akinori Ukaji_10170
    Akinori Ukaji_10170 Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @Inês Batata ,
    Can we set up multiple activity types combinations rather than a single activity type for an activity goal?

• Inês Batata
    edited December 2020 #3
    Options

Hi @Inês Batata ,
    Can we set up multiple activity types combinations rather than a single activity type for an activity goal?

I'm afraid not at the moment @Akinori Ukaji , but I'll take your suggestion back to the team for consideration in future developments.

Speaking of which, here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• Brett Robinson
    Brett Robinson Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #4
    Options

Hello @Inês Batata ,

I'm using the goals beta. and have goals set at for visibility at the Company level that my team users are unable to see.  They are currently only able to see the goals set to their username.  Only our pipedrive admins are currently able to see goals assigned to users and company level. Any suggestions to fix this?

• Cevat Kusku_16085
    Cevat Kusku_16085 Member Posts: 7
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #5
    Options

Hello @Inês Batata I have goals that are identified by a custom field on the deal level. e.g. (discovery call booked by X person & how much this deal has progressed in the pipeline) however i cannot see the progress with the current setup since the deal ownership changes through the sales cycle.

Is there any upcoming solutions?

• Seda
    Seda Posts: 85 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited December 2020 #6
    Options

Hello @Inês Batata ,

I'm using the goals beta. and have goals set at for visibility at the Company level that my team users are unable to see.  They are currently only able to see the goals set to their username.  Only our pipedrive admins are currently able to see goals assigned to users and company level. Any suggestions to fix this?

You need to turn 2 permissions on for regular users for them to see other goals :) 

Can see company statistics and 
    Can see other people's statistcis

• Inês Batata
    edited December 2020 #7
    Options

Hello @Inês Batata I have goals that are identified by a custom field on the deal level. e.g. (discovery call booked by X person & how much this deal has progressed in the pipeline) however i cannot see the progress with the current setup since the deal ownership changes through the sales cycle.

@Cevat Kusku you can create a Team Goal for this, and include in that team all the salespeople who will handle the deal. Learn more about it here: Team Goals.

• Inês Batata
    edited December 2020 #8
    Options

Hello @Inês Batata ,

Hi @Brett Robinson !

For urgent or technical issues please reach out to our Support team and they will help you. Support is always the most adequate and quickest channel of communication, as Community is more focused on exchanging knowledge, experiences and ideas. Thank you!

• Inês Batata
    edited December 2020 #9
    Options

Update - Forecast Goals are now also possible: Learn all about it here 🚀

Pro tips:

• Crawford Fisher
    Crawford Fisher Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2021 #10
    Options

Hi @Inês Batata ,

Has there been any progress on the multiple activity type goals? this is a crucial goal for our sales team.

• Cevat Kusku_16085
    Cevat Kusku_16085 Member Posts: 7
    First Comment
    edited January 2021 #11
    Options

Hello, @Inês Batata thanks for the suggestion but it does not help. we have goals based on the person who progressed the the deal and we log this info to a custom deal field as well. Team goals does not help because one person may and will progress different deals for multiple people. Can you please suggest? This is fundamental as a goal.

• Inês Batata
    edited January 2021 #12
    Options

Hi @Inês Batata ,

I'm afraid not at the moment, @Crawford Fisher , but if they become a reality we'll announce it here in the Community for sure. Here’s how to get notified about what’s coming down the line:

• Follow What's Planned to to know what we're currently working on and what’s to come.
    • Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new release announcements.
    • Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.
  • Inês Batata
    edited January 2021 #13
    Options

I see what you mean @Cevat Kusku . Insights only tracks Goals created in the feature itself, not in custom fields, so my simplest suggestion would be to make sure that the person to whom the Goal refers to is the person who is moving the deal.

If you need more help or advice with this, please reach out to our Support team and they will help you. For urgent or technical issues Support is always the most adequate and quickest channel of communication. Thank you!