New field types

Options
Morne Combrinck
Morne Combrinck Member Posts: 3
First Comment
edited July 2022 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

Could you please indicate if you are planning to add some more field types like computation/calculation fields?  For instance, adding the square meters (m²) (a) and the price per m² (b) results in the calculation field being updated = Rent per month (c).  a x b = c  

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited May 2021 #2
    Options

Hi @Morne Combrinck !

We'd like to ask you to please not use the What's New? or What's Planned? topics in your posts: they are read-only topics used by Pipedrive to communicate updates to our community members. I have removed them from the post and replaced them with more pertinent topics. Thank you!

They are, however, the place to be notified of what’s coming down the line - it's where we make all product update announcements. Make sure to follow them:

• Follow What's Planned to know what we're currently working on and what’s to come.
    • Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new release announcements.
    • Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.

As to your question, calculation fields are on the backlog of ideas but there are no near term plans. The hardest job is to prioritise all ideas and suggestions from all our customers and unfortunately this one hasn't made the cut yet. Stay tuned to the links above to be the first to know if/when this changes. 

• Morne Combrinck
    Morne Combrinck Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited May 2021 #3
    Options

Hi Inês, 

My apologies, I wasn't aware I posted incorrectly.  Thank you for the feedback.

• Christian Normann
    Christian Normann Member Posts: 7
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #4
    Options

It's a very blocking point to not have basic calulation in pipedrive for numbers and dates.

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited May 2021 #5
    Options

It's a very blocking point to not have basic calulation in pipedrive for numbers and dates.

I understand your frustration @Morne Combrinck, and I've made sure to forward your feedback internally to our team for consideration in future developments.

In the meantime I suggest you take a look at the integration platforms available in our marketplace, as they allow you to transfer and manipulate data outside the scope of our own native features. 

• Christian Normann
    Christian Normann Member Posts: 7
    First Comment
    edited May 2021 #6
    Options

You've been saying for over a year that it's been passed on to your development teams. The problem is that nothing is moving forward.

A lot of people are still processing a lot of things in Excel specifically because of this.

This needs to be fixed urgently.