Variable Monthly Goals

Andrew Iwanoczko
Andrew Iwanoczko Member Posts: 2
edited July 2022 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

Hi Pipe Community,

After some good comms this week with tech support, we've established that each goal insight widget allows only a single goal value.  That is great for a playbook where you may be after making a set number of activities of a certain kind each month.  

The situation we have however is that we wish to measure goals over a full 12 month period that have an inherent seasonal variation.  For the business I represent, greater work is undertaken (so commissioned) in the sunny warmer months of Northern Europe.  The absence of variable goals isn't so helpful then when trying to measure order intake against a non-linear budget.  

The workaround suggested was to set the time period to just one month, and repeat this each month... I suppose this is a valid response.  However as we work toward a Pro subscription, we're going to want to be doing such reporting (annual, by month) on custom fields (by sector) not just at the global level of generic fields.  In this context, the proposed workaround from my perspective is a bit clunky and probably drives exports and reporting in excel which isn't really the point - for us at least.

Cheers, Andrew

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,052 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited May 2022 #2

Hello @Andrew Iwanoczko , thank you for your feedback! I have added the topic Feedback & Suggestions , so your request is automatically forwarded internally to our developers as a note for consideration 📝

In the meantime I recommend:

• Following What's Planned to learn about what we're currently working on 🔎
    • Following What’s New for new release announcements and updates 📢

🛠Feel free to join  Research and Beta Testing  for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live 🛠

• Mario Rosell_78856
    Mario Rosell_78856 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2022 #3

Hi all, any news on this topic? our sales team is closing annual deals that have different value per month. 

example: deal closed in april, 5000€

• april: 1000€ 
    • may: 2000€ 
    • june: 2000€ 

how can we record these sales per month in pipedrive? 

thanks!

• Charlie Robinson
    Charlie Robinson Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2022 #4

Hi all, any news on this topic? our sales team is closing annual deals that have different value per month. 

thanks!

I would love to hear an answer for this also.  We have a set annual goal but the monthly targets are different for each month.  can we not yet set them that way?

• Andreia Costa
    Andreia Costa Pipedrive Team Posts: 128 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    edited June 2022 #5

thanks!

Hi @Charlie Robinson,

At the moment, the Goal section allows for 1 unique goal number/value, meaning that the same goal will apply every month - this is feedback that we shared with our Product Developers so they can consider how to update the feature to reflect different goals for different months within one report. 

For now, a possible solution would be to set different goals for each month - that means different reports are needed.

Many thanks