Hidden Fields in Web Forms to Capture Pre-defined Data

Options
liamdillon
liamdillon Member Posts: 5
Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Allowing users to input fields on the front-end which get passed through to Pipedrive deal fields is great.

However, defining “hidden fields” on the back end which we can populate with data would increase the value of Web Forms massively and would make it a no-brainer subscription for us.

For example, if we have a web form on the product section of our website which is on a specific landing page where we’re driving traffic from a Facebook campaign, there are two fields which we need to record: Product type: [product], and Lead Source: Facebook. It wouldn’t make sense for us to ask the user for these details, so it would be good if we could pre-define the forms with this data so that it’s captured automatically and can be used for reports, etc.

I and several other marketing companies I work with currently achieve this with Contact Form 7, but it’s messy and would be amazing if we could do it with Pipedrive and consolidate/streamline within the CRM itself.

Comments

• Martin Eckardt
    Martin Eckardt Member Posts: 23
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited July 2022 #2
    Options

I wanted to post exactly the same request but didn’t manage to do so yet. There are many use cases for this: we have several landing pages. Some of them are for B2B and some are for B2C. It would be great if we could fill predefined (or event better with URL parameters) fields. currently we have to put fields in the form where the user has to select  ”B2B“ even though he is on a website where this should be obvious 

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited November 2020 #3
    Options

I wanted to post exactly the same request but didn’t manage to do so yet. There are many use cases for this: we have several landing pages. Some of them are for B2B and some are for B2C. It would be great if we could fill predefined (or event better with URL parameters) fields. currently we have to put fields in the form where the user has to select  ”B2B“ even though he is on a website where this should be obvious 

Hi @Liam Dillon  and @Martin Eckardt !

We are just in the process of rolling out a new and improved version of our webforms, motivated greatly by us wanting to bring in more information when generating leads (namely the lead source). 

While they don't have this ability you suggest, I see how it could be beneficial and made sure to send your feedback to our team for consideration. 

I can tell you we're also working on something called web visitors, which will bring in data about what parts of your website were visited, but these are separate features. Thank you for your feedback!

• RP1
    RP1 Member Posts: 18
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2022 #4
    Options

Hidden fields in forms would be great, especially for when working with Workflows..  I just tried the improved forms (soo much better now you can disable recaptcha), but spotted that there is no way of identifying where a lead or deal came from.  So a deal created by a form is just another deal, there's no way of using the form itself as a trigger in workflows, or using a hidden field as a condition.

• Inês Batata
    edited August 2020 #5
    Options
    Michael said:

Hidden fields in forms would be great, especially for when working with Workflows..  I just tried the improved forms (soo much better now you can disable recaptcha), but spotted that there is no way of identifying where a lead or deal came from.  So a deal created by a form is just another deal, there's no way of using the form itself as a trigger in workflows, or using a hidden field as a condition.

Hi @Michael !

We're happy to hear you like the new webforms better, that's what we're aiming for. It's true that right now it's not possible to use leads as triggers in automations, but the good news is that we have this planned down the line, so stay tuned.

In the meantime, a workaround to mark your leads as coming from the webforms is using the "Lead title prefix" field; choose a prefix that you can immediately identify as a webfourme source (like WF) and that should make your life a little easier. It's under Submit Options > Saving Preferences in the new webforms.

• Jan-Philip
    Jan-Philip Member Posts: 10
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2022 #6
    Options

Hi @Inês Batata ,

are there any news about further developments regarding hidden fields as well as further styling options (i.e. Placeholder text instead of lables)?

Would be great to see and read what the dev roadmap looks like.

• Inês Batata
    edited October 2020 #7
    Options

Hi @Inês Batata ,

are there any news about further developments regarding hidden fields as well as further styling options (i.e. Placeholder text instead of lables)?

Would be great to see and read what the dev roadmap looks like.

Hi @Jan-Philip Riehle !

At the moment we have no news about this, as priorities and resource allocations for development have to be distributed and unfortunately not everything can be built or at least built in the near future. That being said, we appreciate your input and use it to give our teams thinking points to be considered in the future.

here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• Robert Jakobson_10191
    Robert Jakobson_10191 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited April 2021 #8
    Options

Any updates? This is super necessary for anyone who takes marketing seriously.

• Jörgen Sjöstrand_231
    Jörgen Sjöstrand_231 Member Posts: 80
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Likes 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2021 #9
    Options

I second this - we need hidden fields so we can capture more data from Pipedrives webforms. @Inês Batata any news or timetables?

• Darek Młodnicki
    Darek Młodnicki Member Posts: 9
    First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2021 #10
    Options

Again any news on this? Identifying the source of the lead / being able to send over additional information is crucial.

• Petr Soukenik
    Petr Soukenik Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited October 2021 #11
    Options

We would appreciate it too.

• Brad Cohen
    Brad Cohen Member Posts: 21
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited July 2022 #12
    Options

Hidden fields please!!!! 

Our marketing team is having me add 9 fields so we can better track our incoming leads and sources. That is 9 fields that no one in my company needs to see but will be cluttering up their workspaces. 

• Sandro_22284
    Sandro_22284 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2022 #13
    Options

Are you guys going to do hidden fields in webforms any time soon or should we continue to look for work arounds? This is such a useful tool and I'm perplexed as I can see many others are too as to why this hasn't been implemented yet. We've been begging for this for 2 years. 

• Michael Fleury_11023
    Options

Please, please, please, any update?

• Errol Newson
    Errol Newson Member Posts: 17
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Combo Breaker First Comment
    Options

We just ran into the problem, we need more features for tracking not only in forms, but also in lead booster bot. Especially now with how privacy is crippling the data you can see. Someone please jump on this.

• Douglas Miller
    Douglas Miller Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

We need this functionality, we are about to standardize on pipedrive projects which is great for our usage, but without a workaround for hidden fields that is easy to implement we will need to move off pipedrive to another provider ASAP as we can't optimize our funnel. Please don't put me through the pain of switching CRMs.

• Julien Feruglio_56391
    Options

Yes hidden fields are a must have for Web Forms. Currently, we are not using Lead Booster because of this.

• Errol Newson
    Options

Is there anything we can do to help move these features along, hidden fields, javascript insertion, tracking code insertion for both Pipedrive Forms, and Lead Booster. Super important!!

Google Analytics Connector is a great plugin, but it wont work unless you can insert javascript tracking code into the Pipedrive forms, and Leadbooster bot....

I went round trip to try and figure it out. According to Pipedrive Devs, and Google Analytics Connector team they can't track unless there is a way to insert tracking code to the forms. For anyone that cares about the ROI on their marketing this is a must have item, we really need it yesterday!

• Mike Wiener
    Mike Wiener Member Posts: 12
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

hidden fields and question trees pleez

• BruceS
    BruceS Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

Yes please, just started creating PD websorms and hidden fields is required thank you! For me would help add contextual data to leads and deals.

• Bahar
    Bahar Member Posts: 4
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Are there any updates on hidden fields in pipedrive webforms?

That feature would be extremely useful for tracking the source (either landing pages as Liam Dillon's initial post in this thread, or the specific product pages on our company website).

Without such feature, we have to resort to workarounds like creating a separate webform for each landing page with a different Lead title prefix, which is very inefficient.

• peter-launchscout
    Options

Please provide an update on when this will be supported. This is essential functionality!

• Errol Newson
    Options

We need to track, it's essential for marketing.

• Drew Ungvarsky
    Drew Ungvarsky Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

We are also looking for this feature and finding Pipedrive limiting for integrating with marketing campaigns.

• Paris Patrick_49141
    Options

Looking to keep this feature on the radar. It's greatly needed.

• Paul Huizinga
    Paul Huizinga Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Also waiting on this, and on adding custom css (or another way to embed)

• Errol Newson
    Options

What tree do we need to shake to get hidden fields for tracking! Please help Pipedrive!

• Alan Teece
    Alan Teece Member Posts: 8
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Photogenic
    Options

We have just hit this same wall - we need a hidden field that we can populate with Lead Source - so we can then trigger the correct Automation. This should be easy to do and would make webforms so much more useful.

• Errol Newson
    Options

Yes! That’s a great idea Alan.

• cbb
    cbb Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

Any updates? This is a must functionality!

• mathi96
    mathi96 Member Posts: 12
    Photogenic First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper
    Options

+1 for @Alan Teece !