Galen King Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #33

+1 for calculated fields!

• Vincent_27583
    Vincent_27583 Member Posts: 25
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #34

+1 for calculated fields! Ideally calculated fields that would work across organizational relationships!

@Roadmap Tech  

For instance:

• Metropolis X contains City A and City B
    • City A population = 10,000
    • City B population = 15,000

I'd like a calculated field for Metropolis X that would be Total population = 10+15 = 25,000

and a calculated field for City A that would be % of X's population = 10/25*100 = 40%

• Roland Meents
    Roland Meents Member Posts: 7
    Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    edited March 2021 #35

I totally sign this. We would love to keep track on commissions in pipedrive too

• Ryan Wiederstein
    Ryan Wiederstein Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2021 #36

I think this product would be great but no calc fields makes it impossible for my use.  I'll just keep waiting.

• Jason Colvin
    Jason Colvin Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #37

+1 for calculated fields

• Paul Wood_29660
    Paul Wood_29660 Member Posts: 6
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #38

+1000 for calculated fields. Please prioritise :) 

• Bruck
    Bruck Member Posts: 16
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2022 #39

+1000 calculate field

• Bruck
    Bruck Member Posts: 16
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2022 #40

+1000 calculate field

• Michael Sagiv
    Michael Sagiv Member Posts: 6
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #41

This is a must! Including calculated fields within the product section.

Anyone know of any updates? 

• Christian Normann
    Christian Normann Member Posts: 7
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #42

+ 1 for calculated fields.

I used PipeDrive for a long time in another company and I really like it but, I'm gonna start to explore others possibilities like freshworks, sellsy or a dev with Airtable because it's really unbelievable that you can't calculate a value in a field based on various parameters.

You are a CRM and you can't even calculate sales commissions for reps based on their sales.

I know there are many ways to calculate sales commissions and many plan possibilities but a calculated field would solve the vast majority of cases.

• Dmitri Ivanenko
    Dmitri Ivanenko Member Posts: 20
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2022 #43

+ 1 for calculated fields.

I used PipeDrive for a long time in another company and I really like it but, I'm gonna start to explore others possibilities like freshworks, sellsy or a dev with Airtable because it's really unbelievable that you can't calculate a value in a field based on various parameters.

You are a CRM and you can't even calculate sales commissions for reps based on their sales.

I know there are many ways to calculate sales commissions and many plan possibilities but a calculated field would solve the vast majority of cases.

I moved everyone to PD and lately been exploring because as much as I love the system I don't get how something as simple as this is not a priority for so long. It's as if people that work on the software aren't actual users or don't include users who use it every day 20+ times a day or more.

• Steven_3816
    Steven_3816 Member Posts: 27
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #44

Hi All, calculable numeric fields is now possible with the app here: https://marketplace.pipedrive.com/app/custom-field-calc/a6a59fb7caae935d

• Nish Krishna
    Nish Krishna Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #45

We are new Pipedrive customer and it seems calculated field has been a pending demand for over 1+ year and it does not seem to rank high in Pipedrive roadmap.

We can use Zapier but that would be extra cost. What are some other solutions to PipeDrive that does not have this issue (we are debating if we should switch to Freshworks)?

Nish.

• Darren Stafrace
    Darren Stafrace Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #46

Hi there,

Looking for advice to see if we can create an automation that will populate a custom field with a calculation of 2 other custom fields?

Example is total quote value field $110 and Tax field $10 provides a automation to  tax % field of 10%.

TIA

Darren

• Markus Funk
    Markus Funk Member Posts: 111
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited January 2023 #47

Hi Darren, that ist (unfontunatedly) not possible within PD. BUT you can work with Integromat instead. I really hope too, that PD will enable such a feature for simple calculations soon. 

• Arttu Vesterinen
    Arttu Vesterinen Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited July 2022 #48

We'd like to see calculated fields / formula fields implemented in pipedrive (compare: https://medium.com/salesforce-champion/salesforce-formula-field-1281b612d4e4). This would help us create for example fields such as 
    - lead scores
    - value of activity (based on deal value, likelihood etc)
    - time to onboard a customer etc. 

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,535
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited January 2023 #49

Hey @Arttu Vesterinen - this 3rd party app should help in the meantime.

• Leroy
    Leroy Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2021 #50

Looks like it is possible from an add-on app. i'm learning how to do with the help of the customer support

• Helio
    Helio Pipedrive Team Posts: 63 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited June 2021 #51

Thank you for your feedback!

As a workaround, I would suggest using Zapier. Zapier can grab values from field X and Y, make the necessary calculation and place the outcome in field Z. It can also make calculations by grabbing data from more fields.

Here's an example of Zapier that can be used - https://zapier.com/help/create/format/use-spreadsheet-style-formula-functions-in-zaps

• Alex Gero
    Alex Gero Member Posts: 8
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #52

It still amazes me over a year later that this is not yet a priority but instead the focus is on integration support for Emojis. 

• Dmitri Ivanenko
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2022 #53
    Alex Gero said:

It still amazes me over a year later that this is not yet a priority but instead the focus is on integration support for Emojis. 

Me too. I raised a few items, like the scheduler feature, it should really be copied from what calendly does to add more value, but nope. Also asked about the email campaign/drip campaign features and removal of the rediculous limit of 100 emails that you can send to a group at a time, even though that 100 is scheduled to send every so  many seconds and not blasted all at once. I'm hearing "we are not in the business of doing those things, we are a CRM", and I said, that's odd, because many CRMs are learning that in order to to be used as CRMS, they have to offer what we use them for, communicating with people, calculating the data we need, booking appointments etc, so it should be the best of the best so we don't have to look for another solution or try multiple integrations for something that pipedrive should offer within their core package (advanced). I've referred many people to pipedrive, but I think they don't listen (they say they do, their customer service, i.e. way of talking is excellent, but it's the doing that's lacking).  

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,052 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited January 2023 #54

Hello @Darren Stafrace , thank you for your feedback! I have added the topic  Feedback & Suggestions , so your request is automatically forwarded internally to our developers as a note for consideration 📝

In the meantime I recommend:

• Following What's Planned to learn about what we're currently working on 🔎
    • Following What’s New for new release announcements and updates 📢

🛠Feel free to join Research and Beta Testing for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live 🛠

• Reinhard Puntigam
    Reinhard Puntigam Member Posts: 19
    Name Dropper 5 Likes First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited December 2022 #55

I do have some sympathy for PD's apparent reluctance to address this issue as it seems easy to lead into the abyss of compromising its sales application with abysmal ERP issues. 

Still, I think that most users would be super happy with something that can create simple, calculator-type transactions in custom fields and nothing fancier. I am surprised they have shown no intention yet. 

• Gerald Hoyle
    Gerald Hoyle Member Posts: 13
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2022 #56

Definitely need calculated fields. I tried "Custom Fields Calc" https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/custom-fields-calc/mheppnpebcmghdfflplanpkngijpcabk/related?hl=en-US

However it is limited to numeric values only. I was looking to create a  hyperlink from a text string that would create a prefilled smartsheet form for other tracking we do.

• Rob Dash_6161
    Rob Dash_6161 Member Posts: 10
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #57
    Alex Gero said:

Dmitri I found Outfunnel and they do a great integration with Pipedrive, for drip campaigns, single campaigns. You can use any segment of  contacts form pipedrive. I was extremely frustrated with this problem but Outfunnel solved my problems. I can also see form Pipedrive which emails my contact has opened. I recommend it

• Dmitri Ivanenko
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2022 #58
    Alex Gero said:

Yep, i'm now using outfunnel for the past 2 months. PD is implementing their own version and they said it's currently in beta test with a few users, I applied to be added, but wasn't added, so waiting to see their version of it.

• Fábio Freitas
    Fábio Freitas Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #59

This will be a must have

• JDMT
    JDMT Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #60
    Steven said:

Hi All, calculable numeric fields is now possible with the app here: https://marketplace.pipedrive.com/app/custom-field-calc/a6a59fb7caae935d

At $35/m it's basically as expensive as Pipedrive itself. No thanks.

• Mathias Brask
    Mathias Brask Member Posts: 51
    Photogenic 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2022 #61

Any news on this? What a crucial functionality. For example to calculate the gross-margin of a deal.

This discussion has been closed.