Is Pipedrive the right tool for us?

Boris Kamp
Boris Kamp Member Posts: 7
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hi all!

We're a real estate company that:

• Buys property and rents it to tenants
  • Most of the time remodel it, for this we want to keep track of all the costs etc.
  • Want to keep track of total rent income, outstanding etc
  • Keep documents with our properties
  • Sent automated emails/reminders to tenants
  • Overview per property what we spend on it for remodelling, taxes and other financials, based on individual entries on a ledger for that property.
  • Have our mail conversations with tenants per property.

Is it possible to manage our property portfolio with Pipedrive? Or just the tenants part? This posts did not really give me and answer: https://www.pipedrive.com/en/resources/crm-real-estate

I ask this because my brother suggested to use PipeDrive because he uses it with the company he works at. My though it Pipedrive is more sales focussed but I hope I'm wrong and the above is all possible.

Kind regards, Boris!

Comments

• Bert Calatz
    Bert Calatz Member Posts: 60
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #2

Hoi @Boris Kamp ,

In basis is Pipedrive natuurlijk een echte sales tool. Maar afhankelijk wat je bereiken wil is het ook wel breder toepasbaar. Zelf gebruiken wij het bijvoorbeeld ook voor onze projecten. 

Gaat het om verhuur van vastgoed als zijnde woningen of recreatie? Dat maakt nogal verschil qua administratie namelijk. 

Het bijhouden van de kosten zoals je wenst zal een dingetje zijn.  Opbrengsten zijn goed te registreren echter er is geen koppeling met bijvoorbeeld een bank dus je zal niet automatisch terugkrijgen dat een huurder zijn of haar huur wel of juist nog niet betaald heeft.   

Communiceren met je huurder via geautomatiseerde mail is prima te doen in Pipedrive.

Groet,

Bert Calatz

• Bernd Auer
    Bernd Auer Member Posts: 343
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #3

In Germany, the 2 best known and biggest real estate companies are working with Pipedrive. I did the consulting for one of them. What we are missing is the direct integration to the real estade plattforms (in Gemany it is immowelt.de, immobilienscout24.de etc - not sure if they are active in the NL as well. They would love to have all available properties automatically on these pages ). But besides that they are working very happily with it. We are covering more or less all requirements you described.

For the NL I just can recommend to work with @Mark Kranenburg . He knows all the tricks to fullfill your needs with Pipedrive.

• Boris Kamp
    edited April 2021 #4

Hoi @Boris Kamp ,

In basis is Pipedrive natuurlijk een echte sales tool. Maar afhankelijk wat je bereiken wil is het ook wel breder toepasbaar. Zelf gebruiken wij het bijvoorbeeld ook voor onze projecten. 

Gaat het om verhuur van vastgoed als zijnde woningen of recreatie? Dat maakt nogal verschil qua administratie namelijk. 

Het bijhouden van de kosten zoals je wenst zal een dingetje zijn.  Opbrengsten zijn goed te registreren echter er is geen koppeling met bijvoorbeeld een bank dus je zal niet automatisch terugkrijgen dat een huurder zijn of haar huur wel of juist nog niet betaald heeft.   

Communiceren met je huurder via geautomatiseerde mail is prima te doen in Pipedrive.

Groet,

Bert Calatz

Hey Bert! Bedankt voor je reactie! Het is voor woningen, lange termijn dus.

• Boris Kamp
    edited April 2021 #5

Hoi @Boris Kamp ,

Groet,

Bert Calatz

Hey Bert! Bedankt voor je reactie! Het is voor woningen, lange termijn dus.

• Bert Calatz
    First Comment
    edited April 2021 #6

Hoi @Boris Kamp ,

Groet,

Bert Calatz

Boris,

OK, en ambities qua groei woningen? Dus focus op aanbod woningen, vervolgens eventuele benodigde verbouwingen en dan verhuur. Waarbij verhuur dan jarenlang aan dezelfde huurder zal zijn? In dat geval is Pipedrive best een optie. Zeker als de projecten module uitgerold gaat worden. Je kan dan je verbouwingen mooi handelen via de projecten. Ik weet alleen niet wanneer deze module beschikbaar komt, wel dat deze in de maak is.

• Boris Kamp
    edited April 2021 #7

Hoi @Boris Kamp ,

Groet,

Bert Calatz

Klopt allemaal! Ah dat klinkt wel interessant die projecten module! is daar helemaal geen ETA van?

• Bert Calatz
    First Comment
    edited April 2021 #8

Hoi @Boris Kamp ,

Groet,

Bert Calatz

Daar kan @Mike van der Valk  van Pipedrive je wel wat meer over vertellen. Wat ik er zelf van gezien heb kan het je zeker wel helpen. 

• Boris Kamp
    edited April 2021 #9

In Germany, the 2 best known and biggest real estate companies are working with Pipedrive. I did the consulting for one of them. What we are missing is the direct integration to the real estade plattforms (in Gemany it is immowelt.de, immobilienscout24.de etc - not sure if they are active in the NL as well. They would love to have all available properties automatically on these pages ). But besides that they are working very happily with it. We are covering more or less all requirements you described.

For the NL I just can recommend to work with @Mark Kranenburg . He knows all the tricks to fullfill your needs with Pipedrive.

Thanks @Bernd Auer ! Good to know. Do they handle a lot of financials in pipedrive as well? Such as ledgers etc?

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #10

Hi @Boris Kamp , welcome to our Sales Community 🙂 Happy to hear you're considering Pipedrive! 

Check out our dedicated Real Estate Industry channel too, where you can exchange ideas with other users working in the same field as you. See the full list of  industry and country/language channels you can join.

About the possible Project Management feature and other exciting news, this is where we make all product update announcements, make sure to follow them:

• Follow What's Planned to know what we're currently working on and what’s to come.
    • Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new release announcements.
    • Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.

Learn all about any of Pipedrive’s features from our Knowledge Base tutorials in your preferred language and our Academy video courses. Simply search for your topic! 

• Bernd Auer
    Bernd Auer Member Posts: 343
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited April 2021 #11

@Boris Kamp , I just translated the term "ledger" to German, but it still didn't make too much sense.  Is it the same as the German "Grundbuch" which is translated by Google with "land register"? A register where you can find all houses/properties?

But please allow me to answer despite my lack of knowledge: You would collect all data in Pipedrive which make sense = which are collected/needed/nescessary. Another question is what to do with them. But there are always additional tools or workarounds which will bring you to your goal.

• Boris Kamp
    edited April 2021 #12

Hi @Bernd Auer 

Sorry for my late reply!

No it's not a 'grundbuch', it. Once you read this, you'll know: https://www.sageintacct.com/resources/accounting-financials-glossary/accounting-ledger

Does that make sense to you? And to do that in Pipedrive?

• Boris Kamp
    edited April 2021 #13

Hi @Boris Kamp , welcome to our Sales Community 🙂 Happy to hear you're considering Pipedrive! 

Check out our dedicated Real Estate Industry channel too, where you can exchange ideas with other users working in the same field as you. See the full list of  industry and country/language channels you can join.

About the possible Project Management feature and other exciting news, this is where we make all product update announcements, make sure to follow them:

• Follow What's Planned to know what we're currently working on and what’s to come.
    • Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new release announcements.
    • Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.

Learn all about any of Pipedrive’s features from our Knowledge Base tutorials in your preferred language and our Academy video courses. Simply search for your topic! 

Thanks @Inês Batata !

Is there a post where I can see more about the project feature? Like a 'story' for the developers of Pipedrive?

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited May 2021 #14

Hoi @Boris Kamp ,

Groet,

Bert Calatz

Hi @Boris Kamp sorry for the late reactie, ik zie dit bericht nu pas :( 

Maar inderdaad we zijn bezig aan een nieuwe module. We hebben net de onderzoek fase afgerond en hopen rond Aug/Sept een eerste test versie met de eerste klanten uit te brengen. Deze tijdlijn kan uiteraard nog veranderen.

Je kunt naar deze groep komen om er iets meer over te lezen/horen: https://community.pipedrive.com/group/project-management-delivery-management