Insights: Revenue Forecast Report is live in Professional plan! 🔮 📊

Inês Batata
Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
edited July 2022 in What's New #1

What does it do?

This report shows expected revenue based on the total value of open and won deals, and the time they are expected to be won or were won.

For whom?

Professional plan and higher.

How can I use it?

• Track revenue forecast report in Insights cumulatively and non-cumulatively (new!)
  • Measure results by weighted value (deal value with probability applied), deal value and custom monetary fields
  • Filter report by default and custom fields

Where do I create this report?

Insights > New report > Forecast and subscription > Revenue forecast

🧑‍🏫 Learn more about Revenue Forecast reports in this dedicated tutorial: Insights reports: Revenue forecast.

➡️ Always stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

Screenshot%202020-09-28%20at%2013.26.03.png?version=1&modificationDate=1601288773707&cacheVersion=1&api=v2&width=541&height=250
5f7d9296d220381ecd74e1af_26869.png

Comments

• Paul Webster
    Paul Webster Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2022 #2

A nice feature but seems excessive to have to double the cost of seats on every user to get this report, which only certain members of the team would want access to (managers). 

• GJ Rutgers
    GJ Rutgers Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2022 #3

Hi, great feature! Since I'm using "Subscription revenue" for forecasting, I would like to see a Revenue Forecast Report  for "Subscription Revenue" -> and then with the option 'deal weighted value'. 

At this moment we can add a probability to a subscription but this is not shown in any report - that's a pity.

• Inês Batata
    edited October 2020 #4

A nice feature but seems excessive to have to double the cost of seats on every user to get this report, which only certain members of the team would want access to (managers). 

Hi @Paul Webster , we appreciate your feedback. 

The Professional plan comes with a host of other features besides the Revenue Forecast Report, which justify its higher value (see here). 

We always try to achieve the fairest pricing and distribution of features among our plans, but understand that unfortunately there will always be some cases that we can't reach. We appreciate your input and use it to give our teams thinking points to be considered in the future.

• Inês Batata
    edited October 2020 #5

Hi, great feature! Since I'm using "Subscription revenue" for forecasting, I would like to see a Revenue Forecast Report  for "Subscription Revenue" -> and then with the option 'deal weighted value'. 

At this moment we can add a probability to a subscription but this is not shown in any report - that's a pity.

It's on the way, stay tuned :)

Here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• Denny Reinert_12110
    Denny Reinert_12110 Member Posts: 8
    First Comment
    edited October 2020 #6

Been waiting for this one! Keep em coming!

• GJ Rutgers
    edited October 2020 #7

Great, thanks! Looking forward to that!

• Charles Davis
    Charles Davis Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2022 #8

Hi there,

New to Pipedrive Professional and Insights but wonderings if there's a way to create revenue reports based on deals won, but not yet started?  It may be months before contracts are finalized, projects actually break ground, and revenue begins to be realized.

I'd like to be able to create a revenue report for a project that starts 3-months from now, and where the total value will be paid out proportionately over a 6-month period for example.  Is that possible with Pipedrive Insights?

Appreciate any advice this forum may be able to offer.  Thanks!

• Inês Batata
    edited November 2020 #9

Hi there,

New to Pipedrive Professional and Insights but wonderings if there's a way to create revenue reports based on deals won, but not yet started?  It may be months before contracts are finalized, projects actually break ground, and revenue begins to be realized.

I'd like to be able to create a revenue report for a project that starts 3-months from now, and where the total value will be paid out proportionately over a 6-month period for example.  Is that possible with Pipedrive Insights?

@Bernd Auer @Amit Sarda What do you suggest? 😉

• Paul McKenna
    Paul McKenna Member Posts: 57
    First Comment
    edited December 2020 #10

The loss of my ability to view cumulative revenue forecasting is a big problem. To change this, my subscription increase comes at a cost of almost €12,000. An excess premium for tiered subscriptions would be preferable to this.

• Inês Batata
    edited December 2020 #11

Thank you for your feedback and your suggestion, @Paul McKenna . I'm sorry to hear the current configuration isn't ideal for you and I've made sure to relay it internally so that cases like yours can be taken into consideration in further developments.

• GJ Rutgers
    edited February 2021 #12

Hi Inês, 

Any news on this new feature?

Revenue Forecast Report  for "Subscription Revenue" -> and then with the option 'deal weighted value'. 

Thanks!

• Inês Batata
    edited February 2021 #13

Hi @GJ Rutgers it's part of the segmentation menus when you create a Revenue Forecast report:

• Inês Batata
    edited February 2021 #14

Hi there,

Hi @Charles Davis , seems like your question didn't get a lot of attention in this thread. Try posting it in the main feed and tagging it with all the relevant topics, it will make it visible to more community users ;)

• Justin_35394
    Justin_35394 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited March 2021 #15

Hi, when will subscription revenue be able to be grouped for cumulative?  Right now, it's just an end of period total along with each incremental month.  It would be extremely useful to see how it grows month over month.  

Thanks!

• Hi,

Is it possible to add a goal line to the cumulate forecast report? Ideally month by month (with varying goals per month) or at least a single horizontal target that runs across the 12 months.

Thanks.

• Jakob Thusgaard
    Jakob Thusgaard Member Posts: 23
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

Yes, OK. Look, I don't disagree about your point about making forecasts and insights part of all plans.

I'm in the middle of asking a few thousand sales leaders about their take on top problems problems CRMs need to solve: forecasting is currently the no. 1 problem, slightly ahead of "storing and organizing customer data" in 2nd and "capturing client and prospect communication" in 3rd. In fact about 61% have currently voted for it.

With that in mind, 61% of Pipedrive customers SHOULD be on at least the professional plan.

-----

What I take issue with is the idea that Pipedrive "hides" the costs of features. It tools quite little effort to head over to https://www.pipedrive.com/en/pricing and hitting the "See all plan features" link.

The result is a fairly detailed description of what's included and what's not.

If that hadn't been available, there's always the free trial and a Q&A, I guess, with an Account Executive.

In other words, if one makes the wrong choice of plan, I think it's a little difficult to blame Pipedrive for it.

-----

That doesn't change, that if nearly 2/3 of CRM customer sales leaders think forecasting is the biggest problem CRMs must solve, it's odd it isn't always included.

Is it possible, that from Pipedrive's perspective it's a more valuable feature, which in turn has a higher price tag.

That could explain the logic.