Email Alias

Options

Comments

• Conrad Bergmann
    Conrad Bergmann Member Posts: 4
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2023 #62
    Options

This puts a dramatic limit on to the extent to which we can use Pipedrive as well. Itrestricts us from using Pipedrive as an all-in-one platform, which imo is rather unecessary.

• Lars Willner
    Lars Willner Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #63
    Options

Is there any progress with this lately?

• Andrew Klotz
    Andrew Klotz Member Posts: 30
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2023 #64
    Options

I posted a poll asking about this topic several months ago:
    https://community.pipedrive.com/question/do-you-need-the-ability-to-send-email-within-pipedrive-from-an-email-alias-5f5fa4bfb465bd76fb5ee4ae

86% of respondents said Yes, with 57% of respondents stating they "really need" this capability.

Not being able to send emails from our customer facing brand domain (which is an alias) means our team is working in Gmail, which detaches Pipedrive from our marketing and sales stack, rather than keeping it in sync with our selling and CRM processes.

Hubspot does support this - https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/add-an-email-alias#:~:text=You can connect more than,a user's existing email account.

• Nirmal Gyanwali
    Nirmal Gyanwali Member Posts: 26
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #65
    Options

@Mike van der Valk 

Any update on the progress? This has been one of the biggest problems for us as well. For that reason, the team doesn't have the confidence to use PipeDrive as the main communication channel. 

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited January 2023 #66
    Options

@Mike van der Valk 

Any update on the progress? This has been one of the biggest problems for us as well. For that reason, the team doesn't have the confidence to use PipeDrive as the main communication channel. 

Hi @Nirmal Gyanwali and @Conrad Praamsma , thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it.

We have plans to support email aliases but unfortunately at the moment we don't have an ETA we can share with you yet. We aren't very keen on giving out ETAs as things in software development can sometimes go significantly quicker or slower than expected due to depending on many moving parts. 

That being said, I've shared your input directly with the PM internally so it can be taken into consideration. In the meantime this is where we make all product update announcements, make sure to follow them:

• Follow What's Planned to know what we're currently working on and what’s to come.
    • Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new release announcements.
    • Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.

Thank you for your patience. 🙏

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited January 2023 #67
    Options

@Martin Pecha @Andrew Klotz @Conrad Bergmann @Nirmal Gyanwali I have some fresh news about email aliases: if everything goes according to plan, our goal is to have this live by the third quarter of 2021. A lot of behind-the-scenes work needs to be done until then.

Like I mentioned above, I hope you understand this can change if we hit some bumps in the road but I can promise you I'm always on the radar for news and updates that we can share with the community, so keep your eyes peeled. I'm your ally ;)

• Andrew Klotz
    edited January 2023 #68
    Options

@Martin Pecha @Andrew Klotz @Conrad Bergmann @Nirmal Gyanwali I have some fresh news about email aliases: if everything goes according to plan, our goal is to have this live by the third quarter of 2021. A lot of behind-the-scenes work needs to be done until then.

Like I mentioned above, I hope you understand this can change if we hit some bumps in the road but I can promise you I'm always on the radar for news and updates that we can share with the community, so keep your eyes peeled. I'm your ally ;)

Thanks Ines! This is a very welcomed update that will benefit many current and future Pipedrivers. I'm very excited for Q3! If you need any beta testers, count me in. Most of all, thanks for listening and responding to your user community.

• Gina Kesler
    Gina Kesler Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #69
    Options

Have you now added the staff you referred to above to improve the g-suite alias email need? I'm literally importing and transitioning to PD today...but this is a show stopper. We have 4 email aliases and we MUST use every one of them. PD needs to listen to its customers as there's several mentions for this feature out here.

• Titouan Parand_39894
    Titouan Parand_39894 Member Posts: 5
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #70
    Options

https://community.pipedrive.com/question/do-you-need-the-ability-to-send-email-within-pipedrive-from-an-email-alias-5f5fa4bfb465bd76fb5ee4ae

86% of respondents said Yes, with 57% of respondents stating they "really need" this capability.

Not being able to send emails from our customer facing brand domain (which is an alias) means our team is working in Gmail, which detaches Pipedrive from our marketing and sales stack, rather than keeping it in sync with our selling and CRM processes.

Hubspot does support this - https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/add-an-email-alias#:~:text=You can connect more than,a user's existing email account.

Couldn't say it better

• liamdillon
    liamdillon Member Posts: 5
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2023 #71
    Options

100% in the same situation. I've been hanging on and hoping for this from PIpedrive for a long time, but reluctantly keep checking Hubspot because they do offer it.

Come on, Pipedrive!

• liamdillon
    edited January 2023 #72
    Options

I love Pipedrive and have been using it for years for one company I work with. I've been trying to advocate adoption for another company I work with, but Gmail Alias support is a hard requirement so until Pipedrive supports this, it is unfortunately not an option.

Reluctantly looking at other CRMs which do support this, including Close.com and Hubspot CRM.

• liamdillon
    edited January 2023 #73
    Options

In the same boat here. I love Pipedrive but this is a required feature for us. I'm now reluctantly looking at other CRMs which do support this, including Close.com and Hubspot CRM.

• Andrew Klotz
    edited January 2023 #74
    Options

I love Pipedrive and have been using it for years for one company I work with. I've been trying to advocate adoption for another company I work with, but Gmail Alias support is a hard requirement so until Pipedrive supports this, it is unfortunately not an option.

Reluctantly looking at other CRMs which do support this, including Close.com and Hubspot CRM.

Hi Liam, we've been told by the PD team that they are working on it, and it's slated for release in Q3. Keeping my fingers crossed until then, but very excited about this!

• Tassos Cotsis
    Tassos Cotsis Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2023 #75
    Options

This is seriously a critical feature! Dumbfounded that pipedrive is still not offering this in 2021

• Tassos Cotsis
    edited January 2023 #76
    Options

Unfortunately this is make or break level of importance..

Is there any update on being able to use the alias email?

• Tassos Cotsis
    edited January 2023 #77
    Options

Hi @Mike van der Valk , do you happen to have news on this? I really hope it's in the roadmap. Thank you.

This is indeed of critical importance for so many businesses out there. Please make an effort to bring it forward!

• Tassos Cotsis
    edited January 2023 #78
    Options

@Mike van der Valk do we have any updates on this? It is a very popular request and a must have for most businesses nowadays! 

• Jarek Rydz
    Jarek Rydz Member Posts: 9
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    edited January 2023 #79
    Options

We're looking forward to that, too.

• Alexandre Daltro
    Alexandre Daltro Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2023 #80
    Options

@Mike van der Valk  Any news on this?

• Stephen King_2075
    Stephen King_2075 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #81
    Options

How is this not a thing?

• Jarek Rydz
    edited January 2023 #82
    Options

@Mike van der Valk please write when this function will be available.

• Jarek Rydz
    edited January 2023 #83
    Options

@Inês Batata Has anything moved on the subject?

• Jarek Rydz
    edited January 2023 #84
    Options

We also urgently need this function.

• Jarek Rydz
    edited January 2023 #85
    Options

@Inês Batata Is it known yet exactly when you will launch aliases? and for which plans it will be available?

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited January 2023 #86
    Options

@Mike van der Valk do we have any updates on this? It is a very popular request and a must have for most businesses nowadays! 

Hi @Tassos Cotsis 
    I just spoke with our product manager and she confirmed it's on the wishlist for sure! We're first working on some more urgent technical updates in the background at the moment. I've asked her to please consider this for one of the next updates :) 

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited January 2023 #87
    Options

Hi @Jarek and @Alexandre Daltro 
    I just spoke with our product manager and she confirmed it's on the wishlist for sure! We're first working on some more urgent technical updates in the background at the moment. I've asked her to please consider this for one of the next updates :) 

• Randall Pena
    Randall Pena Member Posts: 29
    edited January 2023 #88
    Options

That is really great news @Mike van der Valk! No more switching of browser tabs to gmail and more time closing deals from within pipedrive.

• Aleksander_44897
    Aleksander_44897 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #89
    Options

Hello @Mike van der Valk

Any updates on the alias  email adresses ? 

We cannot send our email from our aliases and also cannot track them. This is a real issue for us as well and is a real brake today for the adoption of Pipedrive. 

Could you give us a timeline maybe ? 

Thanks in advance

• David Cross
    David Cross Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2022 #90
    Options

Our primary domain in Google also has a secondary domain alias. We can send as that in Google but PipeDrive assumes that the Google account login equates to the email address we want to send from.

Please allow sending from any Google-authenticated secondary domain aliases in our Google account.

• Ryan Grams
    Ryan Grams Member Posts: 2
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2023 #91
    Options

Hey! New user here. Just signed up for my trial and I've gotta say, this is a rather important feature for me and will be a major deciding factor when looking at switching from our current setup.

I love how easy this is from within Gmail. I've noticed that other third party apps like Superhuman have this functionality built in as well.